Looking for Gloria Marshall menu 2

Options
Hi All,

I'm currently on the Gloria Marshall meal plan which i got from my mother who was on it back in 1981 and had great success. Its so far going really well for me but we noticed her week 2 sheet is missing from the folder. If anyone can please share this with me it will be much appreciated.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Could you not repeat week 1 or one of the other weeks or use a combination of meals from different weeks?

Its really not going to matter if you follow the program exactly - as long as you are eating the amount of calories that is a reasonable deficit for you. (and continue that for the long run)

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm currently on the Gloria Marshall meal plan which i got from my mother who was on it back in 1981 and had great success. Its so far going really well for me but we noticed her week 2 sheet is missing from the folder. If anyone can please share this with me it will be much appreciated.

I got curious and went down a little internet rabbit hole.

I found some interesting stuff.
    First, the diet plan was an early version of a computer generated individualized diet.
    Unless your goals are similar to what your mom’s were 40 years ago, you might be better off updating your plan.
    Up to you, of course.

The plan apparently included access to a Gloria Marshall gym. The early ‘80s were a golden age for gym memberships and many boomers paid a lot for a yearly membership plan that they would use for a few weeks, eventually forgetting about it, and then getting an impossible to cancel surprise on their credit card months later. Didn’t happen to me, but it did happen to a lot of people I knew back then.

Anyhow, the Gloria Marshall gym’s machines were (according to one blog post) more of the shake you with a belt type “exercise” rather than cardio or anything else that actually does anything useful.
    Eventually the company was sold to Nutri-System, who closed the gyms in early 1984 (I assume this was in the US?)

In Australia, according to this delightful article, Gloria Marshall Salons were fined in 1991 for misleading advertising.
    https://australianfoodtimeline.com.au/weight-loss-industry-australia/

For your entertainment, here is the beginning of someone’s pin dot printed introductory instructions for their personalized Gloria Marshall diet:
    jiyagthjpglb.jpeg
    e8hjy12zy966.jpeg
    8wagx5dn0s1q.jpeg
    fuumblh4qfkm.jpeg
    g246uvif585o.jpeg
    7bzna2m5o8o8.jpeg
    I can still hear that printer bbbzzzzz-humming along in the corner of a smoke filled office, a square brown desk in the middle of the room with a can of Tab next to a beige IBM Selectric II, and a green and black CRT monitor taking up the majority of the desk.

I’m old… 🤣