meal plan?

Options
Can anybody make me a meal plan to lose weight I have no idea what to eat or when, etc. My fitness pal says my daily intake is 900 cals

Best Answer

• ttt4b74czb
    ttt4b74czb Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Helpful tip: CHATGPT can do this for you. Tell it what your goal is, what you like, dislike, how many calories you aim for a day, etc. it will do it for you :)

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    74w2sp4brh wrote: »
    Can anybody make me a meal plan to lose weight I have no idea what to eat or when, etc. My fitness pal says my daily intake is 900 cals

Do you mean that MFP set your daily calorie target to 900 calories?

Because MFP doesn’t set any daily calorie target below 1200 calories per day for anyone. Ever.

1200 calories per day is extremely low for the vast majority of people and can be dangerous

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    74w2sp4brh wrote: »

Do you mean that MFP set your daily calorie target to 900 calories?

Because MFP doesn’t set any daily calorie target below 1200 calories per day for anyone. Ever.

1200 calories per day is extremely low for the vast majority of people and can be dangerous

Yeah, if true this has got to be a glitch. Unless TO set herself a custom calorie goal for some reason and forgot. To be honest, i don't even know whether that's possible.

@74w2sp4brh no, you should not be eating so little. run the guided setup again, and try to change your weekly weightloss goal so often until you get more than 1200 calories. Eat this at least for a month and then reevaluate.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    When you say "my daily intake is 900 calories" according to MFP, does that mean your calorie goal (as others have assumed) or is that the amount of calories you've logged (but MFP has a higher calorie goal and you're not sure what to eat to get there)?

Others have commented on that first interpretation, and they're right.

If it's the latter, then eat any additional food you like that gets you to your calorie goal, or very close. Sure, bonus points if the added food is nutritious or filling, but simply getting adequate (but not excessive) calories is the foundation for health, fitness, weight management, and more. 900 calories is not adequate for any adult.

There is an app that will give meal plans with recipes, here: https://www.eatthismuch.com/

I don't work for them, not affiliated in any way, don't benefit from mentioning them, don't even use that app. (I've played with it out of curiosity, and that's all.)