Weighing in after toning workout

Options
Okay can anyone help, my weigh in day is today and after working hard (well I think I did) I have managed to put on half a pound. :sad:

I did a legs, bums and tums class last night, finished at 7.30 and then came home and ate.

I have heard that you should not weigh in after a toning session, can anyone correct this?

Thanks Rach :smile:

Replies

• lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yep...You will put on muscle right after doing strength training. Thats why you are sore sometimes, because of the lactic acid. Anyways, the muscle will increase your weight temporarily, and over a day or two, it should go back down. Try measuring yourself too, to see your progress. You can lose inches, but not many lbs if you are adding muscle.
  • rachie78sw
    rachie78sw Posts: 28
    Options
    Well that gives me hope then :laugh:

Maybe I should change weigh in days to a Friday, that would be 2 days after my last toning workout.

I shall have a little sneak on the scales on Friday and see what they say then.

Thanks
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    It's not so much that you will have put on muscle but it is down to the lactic acid in the muscles and fluid retention too.

I agree measuring yourself is a much better guide, particularly when exercising

Have a look at this article for why you shouldn't rely to heavily on the numbers on the scale
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yeah...I new a girl that lost 3 dress sizes, but only a few lbs. She gained a lot in muscle...its a good thing ; ) I tend to add muscle really quick, and Im pretty strong..so the same thng happens to me