Anyone familiar with Dr. Christianson (Naturopathic Endocrinologist)

Options
I have been stalking his info for a while on his Thyroid work and wondering if he is just a fraud with a good marketing plan and supplement to sell ; or if there is actually something to it.
He is a Naturopathic Endocrinologist and the author of The NY Times bestselling Adrenal Reset Diet, The Metabolism Reset Diet and The Thyroid Reset Diet.

If anyone has checked his program out , would be curious what your experience is.

Tagged:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    I couldn't find any RCT's or peer reviewed literature or any clinical trials on anything that he's specifically done I suspect he's selling a cocktail that may offer some relieve, and it appears he's on the iodine bandwagon for thyroid, which I have no doubt that iodine is probably an important nutrient. I'm skeptical to say the least especially considering he's an author and a health influencer who uses most social media for marketing and his website is set up for prescribing to his diet with a bonus gift if you preorder. His diet apprently resets your hormones because he tells you what foods to eat. Keep in mind my nature is to be skeptical of anything nutritionally and medically related, so keep that in mind.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Forget best seller lists. PEER REVIEW is what proves legitimacy in science.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Forget best seller lists. PEER REVIEW is what proves legitimacy in science.

Agreed.
    A best seller often just means an author who has a good publicist.
    It’s got nothing to do with if the information in the book is accurate or good for you.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If you want someone real to follow, check out Dr Judson Brewer (drjud.com).
    He's a behavioral scientist and researcher who has overseen research at multiple universities (peer review). Here's a nice little video about changing bad habits by better understanding your brain's reward system.
    https://youtu.be/WQ40hNdZmfQ
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Endocrine disorders aren’t something you can cure with diet sadly, you need medication / surgery / treatment.
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol he ended up receiving a warning letter in 2020 from the FTC because he was touting supplement cure for COVID.
    That should say it all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

that definitely has the look and feel of scam!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, second time I heard this name today. First time was in a discussion where a woman asked what their medical problem is. And then lists all the symptoms of being hypothyroid. Then mentions she cured her hashimoto and she doesn't need evil hormones, and was also tested negative for long covid. Someone dug out that she follows this dude. Yeah.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Oh gosh, second time I heard this name today. First time was in a discussion where a woman asked what their medical problem is. And then lists all the symptoms of being hypothyroid. Then mentions she cured her hashimoto and she doesn't need evil hormones, and was also tested negative for long covid. Someone dug out that she follows this dude. Yeah.

This sort of thing is why I get so frustrated when pseudoscience and baloney is passed off as actual medicine.

It hurts people.

Medical science is not perfect. “Big pharma” has a sketchy track record.
    But overall it’s better than some quack selling herbs and crystals and MLM pyramid scheme energy shakes to someone who is desperate.

I dunno if anyone here has ever heard of “Boss Lee” but her story is tragic.

See also: Andy Kaufman
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

This sort of thing is why I get so frustrated when pseudoscience and baloney is passed off as actual medicine.

It hurts people.

But overall it’s better than some quack selling herbs and crystals and MLM pyramid scheme energy shakes to someone who is desperate.

Meh, Boss Lee's story wasn't really tragic. She made her choices. Her doctors told her what she should do. She made the decision that she knew better than her doctors. And that's the case with most of these people. I stopped trying to help them. It's not that they don't know or that nobody has told them. They've been told by many people around them. They just think they know better.
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited June 15
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

It hurts people.

Meh, Boss Lee's story wasn't really tragic. She made her choices. Her doctors told her what she should do. She made the decision that she knew better than her doctors. And that's the case with most of these people. I stopped trying to help them. It's not that they don't know or that nobody has told them. They've been told by many people around them. They just think they know better.

Yeah. By most accounts she was a terrible person.

I think she actually believed in the pseudoscience hoax powders and shakes she sold though. Which is down to the general culture of quackery that infuses the online diet and health influencer marketing industry.
    And it definitely is an industry. (imho)

One of my favorite YouTube channels is Mack Attack. He’s a Pharma PhD no longer working in healthcare. His hobbies include skiing, guitar playing, and using his knowledge to absolutely shred these quack MLM and “lifestyle influencers” with sass and facts.

Here’s his video on Prüvit, which is what Boss Lee was selling.
    He’s also got a couple deep dives into Boss Lee and her poor choices.

https://youtu.be/GupjJHlUK8c?si=wj4iNirZsZ_dTCnK

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

It hurts people.

I think she actually believed in the pseudoscience hoax powders and shakes she sold though. Which is down to the general culture of quackery that infuses the online diet and health influencer marketing industry.

One of my favorite YouTube channels is Mack Attack. He’s a Pharma PhD no longer working in healthcare. His hobbies include skiing, guitar playing, and using his knowledge to absolutely shred these quack MLM and “lifestyle influencers” with sass and facts.

Very true. The companies are awful, I won't deny that. I also watch a lot of Hanna Alonzo. She does a lot of great deep dives into shady mlm's.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

It hurts people.

Very true. The companies are awful, I won't deny that. I also watch a lot of Hanna Alonzo. She does a lot of great deep dives into shady mlm's.

This one isn’t an MLM, but is an excellent react/response to actor Terrace Howard, who has recently come out declaring himself to understand physics better than Einstein and Neil deGrasse Tyson, while saying that 1 x 1 = 2, and Khalil Gibran’s poetry is a great mathematical representation of physical reality. While also taking a “detoxifier” on a strictly timed schedule to bind to “the metals everyone has to get rid of the parasites”

This guy is on Joe Rogan. And Rogan is just nodding along with him…. Zero pushback.

This is how people begin to fall for these woo woo anti science scams.

https://www.youtube.com/live/LyR64lX4mx0?si=aogD0LP7dVDITKvi

Also calculators don’t work, and he can’t turn his phone off or “they” will punish him.