Anyone doing Clean Keto? Or just plain Keto?

Options
I'm looking for a buddy to help me through the rough days
Tagged:

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    What is your reason for doing KETO?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    There are a number of people doing Keto in the Low Carb group. I do something more like Ketovore right now. It works well for me in terms of sticking to my calorie goals. Far better than anything else I have tried. I started it for health issues that eating at a calorie deficit was not making a difference to. If you are only doing it for weight loss, just logging calories can work just as well. However, you may find it is a way of eating that helps you stick to your goals like I did. Again, check out the low carb group, you will find people eating the same way. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • cphendrych
    cphendrych Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m eating clean Keto. Following the ruled.me 6 month plan. I started keto 10 years ago and fell off in 2020. In 2022 started back but it wasn’t the same, I was eating what they call “dirty” keto and not having any significant results. Made a big change this April and made myself accountable. Down 20 lbs since April 14, feel better than ever.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don’t do keto, but I do need to be careful about carbs. I can confirm that the group @rileysowner linked to is a good group, filled with decent people, who will be happy to help.
  • RocknSinger
    RocknSinger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess clean Keto.( a carb is a carb no netting.) Hired a coach which consists of weekly zoom calls through like minded individuals and that is working for me. Makes you more accountable. Logging food and exercise and getting through plateaus.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by clean keto or plain keto, that doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, keto's been more popular in the last few decades and now that is quite popular the food industrial complex is looking to make money from it, so yeah don't be fooled if there's a list of ingredients in that beautifully packaged and skillfully labeled "keto" food, all they want is your money. What's real funny, not really, is the amount of carbohydrates in a lot of them, so they're basically aiming some of these products and taking advantage of people that aren't really familiar with keto at all and just trying it for weight loss. imo