gained 3 pounds in one week vacation...

Options
2»

Replies

• sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    For the person who is anticipating a cruise: I went on a 7-day cruise last September and did not gain weight even though this was a definite fear I had. My strategy was to stick with the Lido buffets and ate only fresh fruit, vegetables, and meats. Breakfast was easy, with good choices available. Lunch and dinner always had loads of unsweetened fresh fruits, plenty of fresh vegetables, and there was always at least one choice for a meat that wasn't covered in gravy or in a casserole. I also had a couple portions of ice cream and a dessert, all of which were very small portions. It can be done. Or, you can choose to just kick back and eat all you want and decide that this is the kind of vacation you want. For me, I knew how much work losing weight has been for me and chose to do it a different way, using the resources I had available.
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i eat like a Rhino after i have started with cheat meals and they prolong to 1 week.Weighing 4 kgs more everytime. Its one heck of annoyance.But here it is the solution
    1) Start the same work out again that u were doing and dont check ur weight after u have started
    2)i started keeping fasts of 18 hours , since body had accumulated already enough calories to burn
    3) 2 sessions of cardio , 30 min each .
    4) 1 week and it was back to happy life.

Fasting and extra cardio are unnecessary. The whole point is to understand that your body isn't static, nor is your life. Vacation, eating out, unplanned events happen. Just go with it and relax. Beating yourself up creates an unhealthy psychological relationship with food. As was said prior, the increased weight isn't fat weight. Don't obsess over a number on the scale. Fluctuations are normal.
    ^ That
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I went on a 3 day road trip with friends in early August and came back 3 pounds heavier- that's a pound per day! I could actually see the change, my stomach was so disgustingly bloated. I think the main thing is the sodium in all the foods consumed and not getting enough water to flush it out. I definitely didn't get enough water while I was away from home. Give it some time, it will take more than 5 days to get rid of the extra weight. Be patient. I was able to get rid of that excess weight more effectively by eating a little more clean than usual.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    when i went to mexico last year for 1 week i gained 7 lbs. it took me 2 months to take it back off! normally i gain around 5 and it comes off in less then 2 weeks as it' s just water retention, but this time i don't know why it took so long.... scared to see what this next trip will be like as we will be gone for 2 weeks.. yikes..
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree with this, happened to me in June and it took 2 weeks to lose.

Yes, it's water weight from salty restaurant food. Even the healthy options pack on the salt! Drink extra water for the next few days and you'll be fine. I'm dealing with the same thing right now, following the holiday weekend. Good luck!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I "gained" 11 on my vacay in June...took about a month of hard work to get it back off...3 is GREAT!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even worry about it. We normally take 2 cruises and a few smaller vacations throughout the year and I never log and just relax and enjoy vacation! Of course I know I will gain (normally around 5 +/- lbs or so) and just get right back to it as soon as I get home;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have finally reached my goal a month ago and maintained it throughout the month but then I went on a one week vacation are we ate at restaurants every meal except breakfast. I did choose healthy choices vegetables seafood over fried food but I did eat a little more than usual problem is now I weigh 3 pounds more and it's been 5 days since I came back and the scale still says the same3 pound gain. I exercise everyday well I was on vacation and jump right back into workout routine as soon as I got back but for some reason it's just not coming off I'm eating exactly the same amount of calories I did well I was losing my weight the first time at a pound a week... Any suggestions??

you shouldnt have a single weight for maintenance, a range (5lbs or so) should be used to account for fluctuations...