Weight lose journey

Options
Hello everyone,

I am so happy to be a part of this great community!

I am 30 years old and weighing 89kg, height is 171cm. I lose 500kal on jogging 5 days a week. What diet do you recommend for me!

Thank You
Saidy

Answers

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,892 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Saidy!

"What diet" is very open ended, and depends a lot on your personal preferences. Are you allergic to anything? Do you enjoy meat, or prefer vegetarian or vegan options? Do you do better with a couple large meals per day, or with several smaller ones spread out? Are you looking to lose weight or stick to your current weight?

Whatever options you go with, keeping protein moderately high (at least 1.2-1.5 g/kg bodyweight, so for you 106-133g) is important to avoid losing muscle during weight loss. Being active as you are certainly also helps!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,918 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

Good nutritional and exercise advice from nossmf above.

I don't think any one diet or method is going to be right for everyone, so I can't really recommend one. I think the best approach for an individual is one that's personalized to their own preferences, strengths, limitations, and lifestyle. That, to me, takes some individual experimentation and fine-tuning, patience and perseverance.

What I think other people can do is say what worked for them, and give you options you can consider, so you can try approaches that sound like they might work for you, and evaluate the results. Sustainability is a good thing!

For me, what worked on the eating side of things was calorie counting with MFP, and a gradual remodeling of my eating style to reach appropriate calories, overall reasonable nutrition, practicality, affordability and enjoyment. This thread pretty much describes that kind of method:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Wishing you success, whatever healthy diet you choose!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Let us know what you're consistently eating, and the daily calorie totals