I haven't eaten enough today, any recomondations on food to eat that are a bit higher in calories?

Options
btkevvy88fz5.png
I've eaten 750 calories today and MyFitnessPal gave me that message, I want to be able to eat healthily while losing weight. So which foods that are higher in calories would y'all recommend? I want to lose my 12 pounds healthily

Best Answer

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocados, starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.), fatty cold-water fish, full-fat dairy, sweet fruits like bananas, whole grains . . . .

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don’t get all my calories in.
    A quick solution is a protein shake.
    If you like fruit some good additions are some frozen berries, or fruit cups.
    Add in a cheese stick and you’re ready to hit your goal. And all these items can store for a while to be saved for the days when you really need them.

Dole peaches in fruit juice - 50 calories
    Protein shake - varies but lets say 200 calories
    Cheese stick - 80 calories

Total = 330
    Daily total - 1080 ooops….
    Need a little more….

Things our house loves (delivered from Amazon)
    Tuna salad packets
    Freeze dried fruit
    Single serve cashews, peanuts, or pistachios
    Single serve oatmeal (Bob’s Red Mill is good. Nature's Path Organic Gluten Free Spiced Apple + Flax is amazing )

• bloop1613
    bloop1613 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is a few days old, but I love peanut butter for this—it’s protein-packed, satiating, and tastes yummy! I like to pair it with whole grain toast for some extra fiber or a bagel if I’m in the mood. Best of luck and take good care of yourself, stranger!
  • Scorpiogurl66
    Scorpiogurl66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has 190 calories for only 2 tablespoons. Try it on celery so you can stay away from the carbs. Get you some Fortress Whey Protein Powder on Amazon. I got the Vanilla and Chocolate and love them both.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has 190 calories for only 2 tablespoons. Try it on celery so you can stay away from the carbs. Get you some Fortress Whey Protein Powder on Amazon. I got the Vanilla and Chocolate and love them both.

Celery is carbs. Plus there's nothing wrong with eating carbs, other than generally lower calories than fatty foods.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options

The OP here is wanting to eat MORE calories, not fewer. Protein powder may be helpful if OP is low on protein, but something like fatty cold water fish (for Omega-3s) or full-fat dairy would probably be a more complete, balanced food, vs. something ultra-processed like protein powder.

It would be fine to eat carbs with the peanut butter, if still within calories, too, to get more calories. Some people do find that carbs spike their appetite. Apart from that, there's no reason to avoid carbs. They don't inherently inhibit weight loss.
  • yoster71
    yoster71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can do chai seeds I like to mix them in my beverage when I haven’t met my calorie goal. 2 tablespoons, an avocado and different type of nuts Latly i do a lot of sun flower seeds like two servings a day sometimes. All that is like an extra 300-500calories or boil some eggs 5 of them great for protein and fill you up