Calories

Options
How many calories should I be consuming in a day as a 28 year old female?
Tagged:

Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    depends on your height, weight, and activity level
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options
    What for? Why not use the guided setup according to your goals, and, if weightloss is your goal then chose a weekly weightloss goal that gets you above 1200 calories per day. If you get 1200 then reduce goal and run again.
  • pashin8nz2000
    pashin8nz2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get 1200 for female 48, 5ft7.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

That's pretty low. I'm 5'4 and get the same, so how much you trying to lose a week? Maybe if you lower the amount you want to lose per week, you'd get more calories to eat per day and end up with a much more sustainable loss.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options

Read what I wrote just above your answer. Maybe try a slower rate of loss per week and get a much more sustainable weightloss period.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Start at something reasonable and review in 4-6 weeks and adjust calories at that point depending on your progress or lack of it.

The best way if your weight has been fairly stable for a few months is to take a week and track your overall calorie intake and that calorie amount is your maintenance amount. For a pound a week of loss deduct 500 calories a day from that. In the long run this is the fastest way to get to the proper calorie amount for fatloss.

You have to eat\drink normally for the week for this to work.