bread/pasta carbs and fruit/veggie carbs??

Options
12346»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is this magical thing called google. It holds the key to a lot of information, if used properly you could do your own research and probably get to an answer faster than relying on the forums.

At least that has been my experience.

You will get a better answer, too, if you take note of the URL.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'm not arguing against glucose as a primary fuel for the brain - I'm saying that it can run just as optimally on a glucose, ketone mix - as your study supports.

I would argue that the body is meant to be flexible and run on both. Glucose when it's available and ketones when it is not...

To that I would agree. My thought process is ketones primary and glucose secondary (brain and organ partial fuelling, plus high energy muscle fuelling). I have yet to be convinced other wise.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not arguing against glucose as a primary fuel for the brain - I'm saying that it can run just as optimally on a glucose, ketone mix - as your study supports.

I would argue that the body is meant to be flexible and run on both. Glucose when it's available and ketones when it is not...

^^ Yep.

Glucose is what your body needs. Pass it on!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Should I be limiting those carbs as well
    NEVER limit fruits and vegetables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!

I only every limit fruit when it gets in the way of my meat eating.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Should I be limiting those carbs as well
    NEVER limit fruits and vegetables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!

I only every limit fruit when it gets in the way of my meat eating.

=)P
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sigh.. every time i go read a thread in hope of a quick and easy answer i end up doing research for a whole day lol. cant it ever be simple?? :P

and for the "google it" people: i did google and it brought me here!