Howdy! 🙂

Hey folks.

I'm vegan for around 2yrs and veggie for around 30yrs prior to that. Very happy to have made the change, but still trying to figure things out

I gained a lot of weight rapidly after a trauma in my late 20s. I lost quite a lot of it, then got preggo, then lost even more thanks to breastfeeding and 24/7 baby bouncing. Then the sleep regression hit amongst various other factors and now I'm almost back to my starting weight 😩 But, I'm feeling pretty determined not to let myself get any bigger from this point.

My main struggle is being in a vicious cycle of poor sleep followed by poor food choices, and feeling unwell in my body so I don't feel like I have the energy for exercise and cooking from scratch. But it's time to break the cycle and get my health back.

Would love to see everyone's progress and meal ideas 😊
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    You might enjoy this (lightly active) group for vegans, vegetarians, and plant-centric omnivores:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145477-herbivores-of-mfp

Lots of meal ideas there.

I've been vegetarian for nearly 50 years, thin to overweight to obese and back to thin. Now in year 8 of maintaining a healthy weight, after losing from class 1 obese to healthy weight back in 2015-16 (following about 30 previous years of overweight/obesity).

Best wishes for success: Health improvement is a wonderful thing, a boon to quality of life!