Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 264

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,045 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, magnesium glycinate, more absorbable than glycine, helps with sleep. Also, I've read that magnesium helps in absorption and metabolism of Vit D so they should be taken together.

There is an excellent video on the different forms of magnesium and their benefits. I'll track it down and post it.

MAGNESIUM-COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE
    https://youtu.be/Z4ohSzChgII?si=2tfEuyCBfpd95hGy
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    @quiltingjaine, I will definitely say a prayer for you. ❤
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    @Chapter_3, I'm guilty of not giving up coffee, even at my highest levels of stress. Are you taking your magnesium just before bedtime? For me, Taking it 1 or 2hrs before bed helps relax me and I fall asleep quickly. I DO wake up several times, unfortunately, during the night, but have no trouble going back to sleep.

@tiabirdie56 @Chapter_3 I'm curious which type of Magnesium helps you sleep. There are so many types. I keep Magnesium Oxide in the house to help loosen things up when I haven't been able to TMI. It would be wonderful to have a Magnesium that could improve my sleep without having bathroom issues, specifically D

miysw54mjfk5.jpeg
    kqs34thxa9zl.jpeg

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 634 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 thank you for the resources!
    @quiltingjaine 🙏 and thank you for the book!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Chapter_3 wrote: »
    @_JeffreyD_
    Protein snacks? This is what I do that works for me…
    Grass-fed whey protein isolate powder. (25 G protein, 0 carbs, 100 cal). Can drink as a shake or add to yogurt…
    Oikos Pro High protein yogurt
    Hard boiled eggs
    Sliced lean roast beef
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    Grass-fed Bone broth.
    Venison ground beef wrapped in a “cottage cheese flatbread”. Yum!
    Boiled shrimp.
    If I crave crunch, pork rinds.
    Eat protein first at every meal.

None of this is exciting Or a typical “snack”, per se… It’s simply fuel. I always try to make sure we have leftover proteins to have readily available for a few days….. I’ve redefined “snack”… My snacks need to satiate… Not Comfort… This has been a challenging transition. But I no longer feel like I’m “restricting” myself … I feel like I’m celebrating taking care of me. Definitely a mind game!
    Hope you find this of value.

@Chapter_3 Thanks. :)
  • tiabirdie56
    edited June 26
    Options
    @Chapter_3, You're welcome. Thanks for showing your supplement. I forgot to take my zinc today!

Also Vit k2 (mk7) with Vit D3. Helps move calcium out of blood and soft tissues and into bones and teeth.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,276 Member
    Options
    Female 5’1” Age 74 years

6/25 134.5 🤷‍♀️ I think I’m stressed about dental work tomorrow. Didn’t sleep well last night.
    6/26 134.5 Had Mexican yesterday but only ate a handful of chips and half of my chimichanga. I have developed a serious case of nerves about today’s dental appointment. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

@quiltingjaine After many many years of regular cleanings and dental work, I have come to the point where I am unreasonably nervous even when I shouldn't be (like a cleaning). My dentist is now prescribing me a "chill pill". The script is only for 5 or 6 pills at once I think, but it lasts me more than a year that way. I take one each time before I go. Actually, since I drive I only take one half but it is enough to take the edge off. You can test one (or a half) at home to see how it affects you first. I would start with half. I just let my dentist know when I am down to just one or two pills and they give me another script. Talk to your dentist about this. There is no point in suffering fear or anxiety. I don't!

I hope your appointment went okay. Before next appointment I would call them. I hope this helps.