Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

14 years and 50 lbs gone!

pcfrend
pcfrend Posts: 58 Member
When I started using MFP I had no idea I would still be here recording steps and food and meeting people 14 years later.

This morning the app told me that I have lost 50lbs!! 🥳 This makes me both very proud and very happy. There were many years of frustration, successes, increases and injuries. But, clearly I didn’t give up.

Keep going everyone - it may take time - clearly but you’re going to get there.

I want to lose the next 30 -40 in a much quicker time frame but we’ll see.

To achieve this goal I used many different weight loss plans. I learned a lot about what makes me binge eat, how weight loss happens in my body, how to control urges to eat and to eat less and only when hungry. It’s far more a mind game than a food challenge.

Replies

• denpetemartin
    denpetemartin Posts: 1 Member
    Good 4 you! Denise Martin
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Good for you, congrats. consistency pays off. I have been here 15 yrs still logging. It helps me to keep the weight off that I have worked so hard to lose.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 508 Member
    Congratulations! I've been here since 2013 and tracking helped me to lose the weight and keep it off!
  • JudyWestacott
    JudyWestacott Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations. I find your story very inspiring. Consistency and believing in yourself works. It might seem mundane and boring but I find maintaining routines is very satisfying. Keep up the good work. The important thing to realize is that we all have different reasons and different ways to "psych" ourselves up but if we don't acknowledge the behaviours that lead us to overeat or make poor choices then we continue on that "yo-yo" ritual and beat ourselves up.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    That’s wonderful. I’ve been on about 7 years and have lost 60+ but gained back 27. Still, the trend is a good one and JUST DONT GIVE UP has been mantra.

I do take a week or so “off” when I’m on vacation, and I get careless and lazy when I’m not logging—months at a time, and hence the gains.

But as long as I keep trying, I know I’m doing ok.
  • kittyCarol707
    kittyCarol707 Posts: 267 Member
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your success and being an inspiration for people like me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!