What do I do about food?

Heya guys, I have a slight problem. I would clasiffy my body type as skinny fat. I want to gain the "healthy" weight (muscle) and lose the fat. But with building the muscle, I have a really big problem with eating enough. It seems impossible for me to actually eat the amout of calories i should eat (its about 2250). Please, help me figure out what i should do. My limit (before being nauseous) is about 1800 i would say (and thats propably streching it). I also feel like I cant get enough protein in my system.. Are there certain recepies that you could reccomend me? Do you have any tips on how to deal with this?
Tagged:

Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    Try adding calorie dense protein foods like peanut butter and cheese. Also, are you supplementing with whey powders? I prefer solid food, but whey could help in your situation.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Calorie dense foods you don't personally find filling (or nausea inducing). We can't tell you what those would be, because it's kind of individual.

There are ideas in this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

It may be easier if you spread your eating over the whole day in many smaller meals/snacks, vs. eating more food at a time in just a few meals.

Some people find calories they drink less filling than calories they chew.

There are high-calorie "mass gainer" protein supplements specifically designed for people who find it difficult to gain weight. Be sure to read labels, though, as some may contain ingredients you'd prefer to avoid.

It will take some experimenting. Best wishes!