124»

Replies

• thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Obsessions are lovely.
  • KayJo91
    Options
    It used to be everyday for me. Now after I weigh myself once a week I take the battery out and give it to my dad so I won't be so tempted. Plus, he hides the battery where I can't find it.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Before i started on MFP - i would never weigh myself. I was in denial. If i didn't see it - well, my clothes fit "ok". So it wasn't happening. Then i started MFP. I weighed the first day and was shocked that i was at my all time high. Then it took 11 days to weigh again. 2 lbs gone.Then over the next 9 weeks i still only weighed every 3-5 days. Then something clicked. I was realizing that this MFP plan was working. I now weigh myself always first thing in the AM - then before, after exercise. So probably 3-5 times a day! I do like seeing the fluctuations of before and after 1.5 to 2 hours of cardio - to see if i kept up my water level. So i have done a complete turnaround on weighing in.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started to weight myself every morning now that I have decided to lose weight.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Daily or every other day.
  • monicagellarbing
    Options
    I do not think it is healthy to weigh yourself everyday. It is not an accurate reflection of your true weight because weight can fluctuate 2-4 pounds every day. Once a week will give you a truer reflection of real gains or losses.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Usually every 6 weeks, but I have a feeling it'll be closer to 8 this time around. Just can't bothered to stop by the doctor's office and use their BMI machine.

By not owning a scale, and not weighing very often, this truly feels like a lifestyle change, not a diet. Therefore, it's something I'm more likely to stick with, and make it part of my routine instead of getting hung up on numbers.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week .. but I am starting to weigh myself twice a day, in the morning and at night. I just created a spreadsheet to track my numbers. I want to be able to spot trends and see if there is anything that is preventing progress.

I am interested in learning how exercise affects weight loss. I am more interested in losing inches right now, but any weight loss is just a bonus.

I just think that knowing what is going on is probably a good thing.
  • EllieLarson
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. But I only record my weight on Thursdays. By weighing myself everyday it keeps me in check in case I overdue it every so often. If I don't weigh myself everyday I find that I tend to over eat. Ignorance IS NOT bliss.:happy:
  • cyork10
    cyork10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself these days and for good reason. Every time I have started dieting and working out I don't see any results within the first 3-4 weeks on the scale. That gets really frustrating for me and I end up giving up because what's the point of restricting myself and putting in hard work if I stay the same? Finally, I accepted the fact that I might not ever lose weight no matter how hard I try and decided to focus on just improving my fitness while eating healthy (which is something I am actually sustaining) without using the scale. That actually worked for me and my clothes started fitting loosely so now I only weigh myself when there is a noticeable difference in how my clothes are fitting.