Restarting

twilightgirl02
twilightgirl02 Posts: 10 Member
Is premium worth getting? I’m restarting and need to lose about 65 lbs. I have no motivation but hate how I look. I never buy new clothes because the size I wear makes me feel bad.

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    I was thinking about it, just to get rid of the ads in the newsfeed, but them MFP removed the newsfeed and all of the ads with it. So...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    I lost 80ish pounds on the free version back in 2007-08. I'm still on the free version and still in my chosen weight range in 2024.

It's not the app.

...Unless you're one of the people who will tend to use something more because they paid for it. :smile:
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 303 Member
    I would say not anymore, and even go as far to say try lose it, a similar app. It has most the same functionality along with the social stuff if that's what you are looking for. I will say that they lock more things behind their premium plan, though that's less expensive than MFP ($20/yr with current promotion), and you can also get a premium lifetime membership (once you are on premium for $150). But if you're staying on the free version I'd say MFP is probably better since you're already familiar with it.
  • twilightgirl02
    twilightgirl02 Posts: 10 Member
    I have lose it and MFP. Should I get rid of one if them and keep the other one?
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,331 Member

I'd pick one and go with it. Why type everything twice? I'd say if the social aspects aren't something you're interested in, stick with MFP. If you want social interaction, you'll probably be happier at Lose It.
  • capgordon2393
    capgordon2393 Posts: 38 Member
    Same here went off the rails abit with work and my wife's shifts along with commitments to soccer team coaching . Not to mention family time . But here I go x
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member

I am keeping up on MFP right now and trying other apps alongside to see if I find something better. Omo was "meh". MFP does have an excellent logging platform that is hard to match.