What's different this time.

I see several posts along the lines of
"I'm starting again"
" I been to this group so many times"
"I'm back"
Questions:
What will make this time different for you?
What is your plan?

kl981uk8vs4v.jpg
Tagged:

Replies

• PryorInc
    PryorInc Posts: 34 Member
    My answer:
    I will make no excuses (My No. 1)
    I will be consistent
    I will be purposeful
    I have no legitimate reason not to.

ye2xt3oyps4c.jpg
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    MFP. Logging in my food intake has made all the difference. Plus, I really appreciate the support and feedback I get from other members.
  • kevymetal_
    kevymetal_ Posts: 19 Member
    PryorInc wrote: »
    "I'm starting again"
    "I'm back"
    Questions:
    What is your plan?

kl981uk8vs4v.jpg

I like this question! I have yo-yo'd with my weight for my entire adult life. Just looking back in Garmin Connect at my weigh-ins, I have fluctuated from 209lbs up my heaviest of 255lbs. My goal has always been to hit 200lbs and I haven't achieved this since I was in my very early 20's and my weight was of little concern.

When my son was born this February, I stepped on the scale to see 255lbs. XL shirts were tight and I felt like crap. I needed to make a change. I felt motivated. So I started Keto... Again! That's always been my issue. I see the ads on social media about "losing 20lbs in a month" so I jump on that band wagon hoping for the fast easy way. Along with Keto, I usually start jogging on a treadmill and end up burning out and giving up.

So to be fair, I lost a bit of weight avoiding carbs and jogging, but at the beginning of June, I knew if I wanted to make actual changes with long term sustainability, I needed a better plan. I hired a coach and he put together a fitness and nutrition plan that focuses on sustainable and tangible fat loss, muscle gain and nutrition knowledge. No more jogging (unless I want to), I can eat any foods from any food groups, I'm building muscle and feeling fantastic. This isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle change and there's no "finish line". There's no "easy way". This is breaking old bad habits and building healthy new ones. 80% each week is a win, and anything more than that is a victory. Every week the scale drops a little bit and I'm feeling awesome. I strongly suggest anyone struggling with yo-yoing to take a good hard look at why, and realizing there are no short cuts here. Just discipline and hard work. And it's ok to fail. But don't let a bad meal choice one day ruin your whole week of nutrition. Wake up tomorrow and get back on track. And ignore all the noise. There's no magic here. The only thing that will reduce body fat is a 👏🏼calorie👏🏼deficit👏🏼. So yeah, that's why this time is different for me.
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 209 Member

kl981uk8vs4v.jpg

This time I’m making this a lifestyle change. It’s not about being a diet. I’m not restricting what I eat or working out until I hurt everywhere. I’m making changes I can live with for the rest of my life. I have goals, but I’m not setting expectations that I can’t meet. One day at a time. I’m logging food and weighing daily to learn my habits and how my body reacts. If I gain weight, I can better understand why. If I lose weight, I can identify what works. I just went on vacation and didn’t worry about logging or weighing. I just enjoyed time with family. Now that we’re home, I’m back into my routine and it doesn’t feel like a chore. This time, I’m doing it for me in a healthy way that works for me.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    "I'm starting again"
    "I'm back"
    Questions:
    What is your plan?

kl981uk8vs4v.jpg

Well I can honestly say this is my fifth try to get to goal and then maintaining. Losing weight and getting to go is pretty easy You make a plan you stick with the plan you work the plan and you get to your goal It takes about a year. Bam no problem I've done it at least four times. Lost 80 to 100 lb each time. Disappointingly I'm up with my heaviest I've ever been. What's different this time is I have to do this for my life for my future for my adult sons for my grandson for my husband. Show my sister and my niece and my daughter-in-law that it is easy and we can do this We can be in control of our health and lives.=I kept telling myself that it didn't matter what I look like My clothes are just tight I'll just buy more, I'm old so what I'm happy and married, I like tacos and margaritas This is the me oh well. So I really started to realize my hips hurt my back hurts I'm tired all the time and I'm 300 lb What. This is the biggest I've ever been. I'm so embarrassed to even mention that out loud what I weigh that I haven't told anyone how much I've lost so far because I'm just embarrassed that I got that high in the first place. I started June 19 and today is July 15th and I've already lost 22 lb. I know the drill. I just got to work the plan. I just need people to talk to sometimes keep me on track keep me motivated give me ideas. I've been turning to Facebook reels and TikTok for a lot of motivation and recipe ideas so that's helping.

I have to do this. My mom had a stroke at 57 years old I'm 47 now. I want more than 10 years with my kids and my grandson and my husband.