Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New from Canada!!!

HELLO!

There's a heat wave, I'm trapped in my house in front of a fan so this might be long. I mean, what else am I gonna do? HAHA.

HI! I'm a SAHM from Northern Alberta, Canada.

I have two beautiful kids and a supportive partner who is a foodie (skinny and healthy but a foodie).

I hate cooking. Absolutely DESPISE it. I was raised in an ingredients home and was never taught how and every attempt I've made to learn has ended in disaster (I literally almost burned my house down... twice...). My partner wants everything to be made from scratch. As you can imagine, this presents some unique challenges.

I struggle with depression, anxiety, trauma, and am in the grieving process (have had a significant loss this year and a family member who is struggling with health).

But here I am! Because that aforementioned loss reminded me of the frailty of life. Because I hate how my body feels... I'm so heavy it hurts to move, it hurts to exist. Because I want to enjoy watching my kids grow. Because I want to grow old.

What I'm hoping to find in these forums is support, community, people who are in the same boat or who have been in the same boat, understanding, encouragement.

Community is probably the biggest one though as I'm really isolated right now.

Now, enough about what's wrong with me!

I enjoy reading, I am an author so I enjoy writing too (can you tell? Feels like I'm going to write a mini-novel here), I am a musician, I used to enjoy crochet and knitting but nerve damage has rendered my hands useless, I am a new gardener (I suck at it currently but am trying to learn), I enjoy reality TV shows (particularly 90 day fiance, the ultimatum, married at first sight, love is blind, the trashier the better).

My ultimate goal is to get back my fitness. I used to be a runner and really enjoyed lifting heavy things and putting them back down.

It is a long-term dream of mine to be able to do a chin up. Even just one...

Well, I ran out of things to say much sooner than I imagined!

Hoping to meet some lovely people.

Now off to read some posts and get motivated!

Peace!