Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Accuracy of Nutrition and Limitations

ChaimBochner
ChaimBochner Posts: 8 Member
Hi. I was quite surprised to have found that I was eating way more calories when I thought I wasn’t. I didn’t realise that many scanned entries weren’t accurately reporting the Nutritional facts.

It’s also extremely upsetting that customisation of units aren’t possible . If - for example - I want to enter: Almonds; 1oz (NOT fluid oz); has 164 calories - it won’t let me. It will allow cups but accuracy is better reported in oz or grams; there’s no ability to record a food in g.

In other apps there’s the possibility of adding a “custom” (not for everyone - for an individuals account only!), food and the nutritional content as one sees fit. It will stay as HIS custom food.

In any case, it’s become a complicated process for me and instead of getting the benefit of bar readings, it only created a messed up g count and non-conforming calorie count to match the macro g intake.

Very disappointing. Please make this app flexible
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    edited July 14
    Have you tried creating your own and saving it? The database is mostly user-created, so the units are the ones that the person who created it added.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Report and correct food and make sure to check the box 'save to my foods'.
    Also: use the search bar rather than the barcode scanner - that way you'll have multiple results to choose from regarding nutritional data and available units.
  • midtownertoo
    midtownertoo Posts: 1 Member
    Is there a way to differentiate added sugar from natural sugar? Example for fruit. App is encouraging more fruit intake yet, it increases " sugar " intake.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Is there a way to differentiate added sugar from natural sugar? Example for fruit. App is encouraging more fruit intake yet, it increases " sugar " intake.

No :(