I am beggin, help me lose weight.

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I don't think you want it as badly as you claim to. Too many excuses, denial and defensiveness.

PS I am not saying this to be mean. Just saying it because I have been there, done that.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I don't think you want it as badly as you claim to. Too many excuses, denial and defensiveness.

PS I am not saying this to be mean. Just saying it because I have been there, done that.

Maybe, but I am doing it. Since I started(2 weeks ago) I've already lost 6 pounds.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Maybe, but I am doing it. Since I started(2 weeks ago) I've already lost 6 pounds.

Sounds like you have it all figured out then, and don't really need anyone's help. Just keep doing what you are doing if it is working for you. No need to beg for help. You got this. :huh:
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

Sounds like you have it all figured out then, and don't really need anyone's help. Just keep doing what you are doing if it is working for you. No need to beg for help. You got this. :huh:

I do need to beg for help! Because I need support, while I have it I keep going, like I gave up for few days but reading what people said made me stop overeating and rethink stuff!
    So no, I DO NEED to beg for help! And thankful for people who respond!
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Resisting food is my hardest problem too! Is it possible for you to spend more time away from home, where this is no food to tempt you? Library, swimming pool, etc.?

Once I go back to college, i'll be gone half of the day.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You're 20 years old now. While you still live at home, you're an adult. It's time for you to take control of your choices. As I see it, your options are:

1. Sit down with your parents and explain your situation and your goals. Explain how unhealthy your current lifestyle is, and how you plan to change it. Emphasize that you are doing this for yourself, and they don't have to eat the way you do. Ask them to let you buy some of your own foods - chicken breasts, veggies, etc., that you will cook yourself and eat either with the family of by yourself.

2. If they insist you eat what they eat, then manage your calories through portion control - log everything you eat and make it work.

3. Get a part-time job and buy your own food if they won't buy it for you. For a few bucks, you can grill up a whole pan of chicken breasts that will last all week. Pair that with some steamed veggies (frozen veggies are cheap and nutritious), and maybe some rice or a little pasta, or potato, and you have a healthy, filling meal.

4. Last resort - move out, get a job, and then you can eat whatever you want to without their backlash.

Honestly, exercise isn't the solution to your problem, unless you have the time and the discipline to dedicate 6-8 hours a day to endless cardio. Weight control is mostly what goes in your mouth. Exercise is great for overall fitness and health, and while I encourage it, that's not the issue here.

You're going to be facing challenges to healthy living the rest of your life - just like the rest of us. If you want it badly enough, you will find a way. Supportive friends and family are great, but in the end, it's all up to you to do it yourself. Just like we all do. Best of luck with your goals!

Getting a job right now is not an option since during day I go to school and evenings I babysit.
    Thanks for tips.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 15lbs in the last 2 yrs...

I'm also looking for great supportive friends to help keep me going. If your that kind of person feel free to add me. I've made some very lovely friends already.

I will sure add you :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OP you have had some great advice and support from lots of people and some mean comments also...it goes with the territory of the internet.

You seem like a switched on cookie :smile:

All I am going to add is that I believe you want to make changes in your life and you can do it.

I look forward to reading about your success and your help in motivating others in the future..prove me right xx
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I read that the average person tries about 70 plus false starts before succeeding. I finally succeeded by heeding my doctors advice and exercising. Exercise has a major roll in weight loss and increases metabolism. Many gyms have inexpensive memberships and can be useful for meeting others in your situation to form a support group. Exercise buddies. help. I started just walking around my block. I slowly increased my speed and distance. Then, I added two pound hand weights. I don't like jogging as it jars my body and I have asthma. I found places to walk up stairs over time. I keep healthy snacks like apples, oranges, baby carrots, etc in a backpack to help curb my hunger. The side benefit is increased fiber that will keep you full. Make sure to get 8 - 8ounce glasses a day. I drink plain water as I choose to eat my calories rather than drink them. I think you will lose weight by simply increasing your exercise. Try to limit your dad's food by leaving 1/3 of the servings on your plate. This will allow you to indulge rather than depriving ;your self, while decreasing calories. If you can slowly switch over to healthy foods over time, you will find you are less likely to feel like eating high fat high calorie foods. Make slow small changes, set weekly goals to improve and go for the long term, not short term results. Habits are hard to change.

Deborah
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    OP you have had some great advice and support from lots of people and some mean comments also...it goes with the territory of the internet.

You seem like a switched on cookie :smile:

All I am going to add is that I believe you want to make changes in your life and you can do it.

I look forward to reading about your success and your help in motivating others in the future..prove me right xx

I will try! :wink:
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I read that the average person tries about 70 plus false starts before succeeding. I finally succeeded by heeding my doctors advice and exercising. Exercise has a major roll in weight loss and increases metabolism. Many gyms have inexpensive memberships and can be useful for meeting others in your situation to form a support group. Exercise buddies. help. I started just walking around my block. I slowly increased my speed and distance. Then, I added two pound hand weights. I don't like jogging as it jars my body and I have asthma. I found places to walk up stairs over time. I keep healthy snacks like apples, oranges, baby carrots, etc in a backpack to help curb my hunger. The side benefit is increased fiber that will keep you full. Make sure to get 8 - 8ounce glasses a day. I drink plain water as I choose to eat my calories rather than drink them. I think you will lose weight by simply increasing your exercise. Try to limit your dad's food by leaving 1/3 of the servings on your plate. This will allow you to indulge rather than depriving ;your self, while decreasing calories. If you can slowly switch over to healthy foods over time, you will find you are less likely to feel like eating high fat high calorie foods. Make slow small changes, set weekly goals to improve and go for the long term, not short term results. Habits are hard to change.

Deborah

Thank you. I do drink as my body needs it , as Jillian Michaels says "until your pee is a color of lemonade never apple juice."
    I use weights(8 lbs) and do elliptical and other random cardio.
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I read the post about exercise is not the key. I am in the medical field and it is exactly the opposite. If you log exercise and food in your myfitness page, you will see that if you eat low calories and don't exercise your weight will decrease more slowly, than if you exercise and eat moderately. If you fall off the wagon, forgive yourself and get back on. You do not need 5-8 hours of cardio. If you got 1 hour of cardio 5 times per week initially this is sufficient. Look up how to check your resting pulse and what pulse rate you need to work in the cardio range. Charts are on line. Take your pulse before and after exercising. You will be surprised if you are sedentary that it doesn't take much to increase your pulse to the cardio range. You should not exceed this. If you consistently do this you will begin to lose weight. Only weigh yourself once a week on the same scale at the same time of day. Do not be discouraged by monthly water weight. If you decrease the amount of salt in your food, this can help with water weight. Start slow and increase slowly.

Deborah
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I read the post about exercise is not the key. I am in the medical field and it is exactly the opposite. If you log exercise and food in your myfitness page, you will see that if you eat low calories and don't exercise your weight will decrease more slowly, than if you exercise and eat moderately. If you fall off the wagon, forgive yourself and get back on. You do not need 5-8 hours of cardio. If you got 1 hour of cardio 5 times per week initially this is sufficient. Look up how to check your resting pulse and what pulse rate you need to work in the cardio range. Charts are on line. Take your pulse before and after exercising. You will be surprised if you are sedentary that it doesn't take much to increase your pulse to the cardio range. You should not exceed this. If you consistently do this you will begin to lose weight. Only weigh yourself once a week on the same scale at the same time of day. Do not be discouraged by monthly water weight. If you decrease the amount of salt in your food, this can help with water weight. Start slow and increase slowly.

Deborah

I'm in medical as well :) studying for now, but in that field.

I also measure myself, I trust measuring not weights to be honest.

I have pretty goof muscle mass, so my weight isn't all fat, i'm pretty muscled under all fat. My arms, my stomach, my buns, my legs are hard when I flex, but there is a layer of fat in top.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Some ppl need lots of support while others can go it all alone so don't feel bad for asking for help and support. A lot of your overeating is probably emotion related. like in the moment you might just keep eating cause it taste great but it's also making you happy. I think if you plan out your meals it'll help a lot. But also find a hobby that will help you express your emotion. Like music or art. something to take your mind off the food. once you start its always hard to stop but it's all about control. concentrate on why it is your eating the extra food..."is it cause you're hungry or cause you're bored or upset or angry". also ppl have different reasons for getting healthy but your main one has to be cause YOU WANT TO. you have to be doing it for you not because you think it's what other ppl want or are telling you to do. If your motivation is just to get ppl to like you and respect you then it'll never work. I just want you to think of your reasons why you need so much support and help. Let this be for you and only you and then the extra motivation should come. Best of luck!! :D
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Some ppl need lots of support while others can go it all alone so don't feel bad for asking for help and support. A lot of your overeating is probably emotion related. like in the moment you might just keep eating cause it taste great but it's also making you happy. I think if you plan out your meals it'll help a lot. But also find a hobby that will help you express your emotion. Like music or art. something to take your mind off the food. once you start its always hard to stop but it's all about control. concentrate on why it is your eating the extra food..."is it cause you're hungry or cause you're bored or upset or angry". also ppl have different reasons for getting healthy but your main one has to be cause YOU WANT TO. you have to be doing it for you not because you think it's what other ppl want or are telling you to do. If your motivation is just to get ppl to like you and respect you then it'll never work. I just want you to think of your reasons why you need so much support and help. Let this be for you and only you and then the extra motivation should come. Best of luck!! :D

Thank you. I am not looking for people to like me, but to be honest I would love for people to have respect for me one day because I DID LOSE WEIGHT! But it's not a reason for me to start. Prediabetes which is future insulin shots, possible loss of sight etc. is my main one.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I am going to go get pitas for sandwiches. I know that is better than actual bread.
  • femestapo
    Options
    okay, now i'm gonna be a *****. why post a forum asking for help if you are going to reject all the help people are giving you? just go on doing what you're doing, since it's obviously working.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    okay, now i'm gonna be a *****. why post a forum asking for help if you are going to reject all the help people are giving you? just go on doing what you're doing, since it's obviously working.
    '

EXCUSE me??? What am I ignoring you tell me? Give details instead of throwing bias statements!
  • femestapo
    Options
    it's like you won't listen to anything anyone says. you focus in on one thing that isn't the main point so you can reject all that help and come up with more excuses. just give up.
This discussion has been closed.