No fanfare for achieving weight loss goal?

Options
Does MyFitnessPal really NOT give any fanfare or congratulations for achieving your weight loss goal? Fitbit said, "Goal met. Woohoo!" Nothing from MFP? MFP got me there more than my Fitbit did! Thanks, MFP! :-)

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    No but if you post pics and a success story people will come out of the woodwork to congratulate you. :happy:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Does MyFitnessPal really NOT give any fanfare or congratulations for achieving your weight loss goal? Fitbit said, "Goal met. Woohoo!" Nothing from MFP? MFP got me there more than my Fitbit did! Thanks, MFP! :-)
    Huh, I thought there might be a little something too. Like on Wii Fit when you reach a goal, there's a little fireworks show. Might be a good website suggestion. Reminds me of the whole Mario series. Months of work to rescue the princess and she never even acknowledges you when she's rescued. :grumble: :laugh:
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Hummm........MFP peoples should think about it seriously ! Nice Idea !!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Do you really need a website to slap you on the back and shout "Congratulations" for achieving a personal goal? Seems silly to me. The site is a tool for meeting and maintaining your goals, not a cheerleader.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Do you really need a website to slap you on the back and shout "Congratulations" for achieving a personal goal? Seems silly to me. The site is a tool for meeting and maintaining your goals, not a cheerleader.

But then again it "cheers" when you've logged for 5 days straight, when you lost 0.1 lbs, when you did a 5 minute walk....
    In that light I wouldn't mind a bit of fireworks 20 pounds in, really!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

LOL exactly I wouldn't expect this to happen... ha ha!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    oR4TO6Q.gif
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So if it congratulated you for reaching your goal weight, should it also chastise you for being over on subsequent log-ins? I can just see it: "Ooooo, you gained a pound! Well isn't that just too bad. Looks like you shouldn't have switched your goal to maintenance so soon". :laugh:
  • NaughtyinCali
    Options
    Just wanted to say, Congratulations! It is a big deal
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's actually a neat idea. Like if confetti showered down the webpage or something, lol. Nothin' wrong with a little slap on the back!

Congrats on reaching goal! Like another poster said, maybe share your success on the Success Stories board as motivation for others!
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    It's like the kids who get trophies just for showing up.

Who needs that?

MFP has that little thing that says it you eat like this for five weeks:

That's their version of an "attaboy" IMO
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination or do some people just reply to a post to be argumentative ?
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Is it my imagination or do some people just reply to a post to be argumentative ?
    Not just you... Maybe some are a little jealouss.... Congrats on your loss! Nothing wrong with wanting a little cheer at the end.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say, Congratulations! It is a big deal

This!
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Who needs that?

Huh? But.. it's not just participating, it's putting in hard work and achieving a goal. I don't understand how a participation trophy is the same thing as a website congratulating you on losing the amount of weight you set out to lose. Totally think it's a good idea and couldn't hurt. The people against it implying that MFP would somehow coddle people for a virtual slap on the back upon reaching goal cracks me up. Seems like a harmless and positive idea, maybe OP should put this in the suggestion forum.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    my, bad, I thought the OP was asking a question. (I thought I saw a question mark)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

Maybe a bunch of us should report this to get the moderators' attention about something good.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Who needs that?

Huh? But.. it's not just participating, it's putting in hard work and achieving a goal. I don't understand how a participation trophy is the same thing as a website congratulating you on losing the amount of weight you set out to lose. Totally think it's a good idea and couldn't hurt. The people against it implying that MFP would somehow coddle people for a virtual slap on the back upon reaching goal cracks me up. Seems like a harmless and positive idea, maybe OP should put this in the suggestion forum.
    I second that motion. It would a fun addition.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Love the idea, at least a posting on your feed like you get when you log so many days or finish your daily food diary.

FYI, this would be best posted under Website Suggestions (see lower topics on message board home page)
    ETA: Nevermind, I see it's already there. :)
  • guif
    guif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Forget MFP, from me CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it!!! you rock, you worked hard and did what you needed too.. how much more awesome can it be!