No fanfare for achieving weight loss goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Love the idea, at least a posting on your feed like you get when you log so many days or finish your daily food diary.

FYI, this would be best posted under Website Suggestions (see lower topics on message board home page)
    ETA: Nevermind, I see it's already there. :)
    I just dumped a link to here on there.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092426-fanfare-for-goal-achieved
  • okolo
    okolo Posts: 24
    Options
    Do you really need a website to slap you on the back and shout "Congratulations" for achieving a personal goal? Seems silly to me. The site is a tool for meeting and maintaining your goals, not a cheerleader.

But then again it "cheers" when you've logged for 5 days straight, when you lost 0.1 lbs, when you did a 5 minute walk....
    In that light I wouldn't mind a bit of fireworks 20 pounds in, really!

This is true - I agree. At least a "whooo! you did it!" or something.
    They hype everything else up "okolo completed her food diary for today and was UNDER HER CALORIE GOAL!" -
    or OKOLO LOST ALL HER WEIGHT AND IS NO LONGER A FATTIE - YEAAAYYY FREAKING YEAAYYY WHOHOOO!.
    that may be a bit much, but you get the idea :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Do you really need a website to slap you on the back and shout "Congratulations" for achieving a personal goal? Seems silly to me. The site is a tool for meeting and maintaining your goals, not a cheerleader.

But then again it "cheers" when you've logged for 5 days straight, when you lost 0.1 lbs, when you did a 5 minute walk....

They hype everything else up "okolo completed her food diary for today and was UNDER HER CALORIE GOAL!" -
    or OKOLO LOST ALL HER WEIGHT AND IS NO LONGER A FATTIE - YEAAAYYY FREAKING YEAAYYY WHOHOOO!.
    Nah, that's exactly what I plan to post on FB when I reach goal. :tongue: :laugh:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching goal! You rock and since you've been here long enough you know that the posts that matter the most aren't the auto posts but those that you shout yourself from the roof top! Hurray for you! 31.7 more pounds and I'll be posting my self praising boast too!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination or do some people just reply to a post to be argumentative ?

Maybe you haven't been here long enough to notice that there are certain MFPers who will reply to EVERY post just to argue. You'll get used to it.

OP ...*FIREWORKS* ;)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Does MyFitnessPal really NOT give any fanfare or congratulations for achieving your weight loss goal? Fitbit said, "Goal met. Woohoo!" Nothing from MFP? MFP got me there more than my Fitbit did! Thanks, MFP! :-)
    Huh, I thought there might be a little something too. Like on Wii Fit when you reach a goal, there's a little fireworks show. Might be a good website suggestion. Reminds me of the whole Mario series. Months of work to rescue the princess and she never even acknowledges you when she's rescued. :grumble: :laugh:

Hehehehehehehe
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That's actually a neat idea. Like if confetti showered down the webpage or something, lol.

OMG that would be SO cute! :happy:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Yes. I am the Lisa Simpson of the Weightloss World.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Nah, that's exactly what I plan to post on FB when I reach goal. :tongue: :laugh:

ME TOO!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Well i will tell ya :) way to go!!
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Does MyFitnessPal really NOT give any fanfare or congratulations for achieving your weight loss goal? Fitbit said, "Goal met. Woohoo!" Nothing from MFP? MFP got me there more than my Fitbit did! Thanks, MFP! :-)
    Huh, I thought there might be a little something too. Like on Wii Fit when you reach a goal, there's a little fireworks show. Might be a good website suggestion. Reminds me of the whole Mario series. Months of work to rescue the princess and she never even acknowledges you when she's rescued. :grumble: :laugh:

You just reminded me of how cross i was with princess peach, you should have been able to drop her in the lava.:grumble: :angry:
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal! Well done!!!!

</fanfare>
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, reaching your goal is not the END; it's a new beginning.
    I've been maintaining since November of 2011 & have crept up to 3 lbs over a couple of times just for being a bit lax.
    "Oh, it won't hurt to eat that ... I'm at my goal."
    Yeah, right.
    I'm now slightly under again, but the 'battle of the bulge' won't be won 'til we're 6' under.
    So, simply reaching a certain number is just another milestone.
    Staying there is what's important.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

I think that is why you have MFP friends, they are your cheerleaders etc.

How about this for a token of congratulations?

starburst_multicolor.gif
  • DancesWithBirds
    DancesWithBirds Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree that it would be nice.

I recently hit my weight goal, too, and while I got a great deal of personal satisfaction from it, it did seem odd that there were nothing but crickets following my last weight check in. As for the people on my friends list, they are mostly inactive these days. It just seemed kind of anticlimactic.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Woooohoooo!!! You did it!!!

I did too!! My husband also made his goal.

We all rock!! I want to see fireworks every time I log in!!

Determining maintenance is no simple matter, either. It's complicated trying to figure out what's the best daily calorie goal.

I wish there was a setting that our ticker could read something like "maintaining weight for one month", then two, etc.

It's hard not having a reward like we did with the weight loss, seeing the scale move. Now we want it to stay put. That's kind of boring.

So, what's to motivate us? Well, I joined this month's Abs exercise group. ;)