Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How are you REALLY and Honestly feeling today?

2»

Replies

• jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 41 Member
    Truthfully? Not very hopeful or positive. But that could change any minute. :)

I keep worrying about the future; we're not getting any younger(I'm 70 and dh is 73), my dogs are both seniors and changing every day. My sister just turned 80 and has lots of issues. I'm stuck in a place mentally and physically that doesn't add to my happiness.

BUT as they say, today is the first day of the rest of my life. Little changes I'm making will be less sugar in my days(started with morning coffee already), getting outside more, start back to walking on my treadmill(even just 5 minutes will be more than I have in quite awhile). Nature tends to rejuvenate me and all I've been doing recently is reading. Napping. Computer. Repeat.

So, realizing that there are many things I cannot control I know there are some things I can do something about.

Hope everyone has a great day, find some joy and laughter to share, and stay healthy(physically and mentally)!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,269 Member
    edited August 12
    @jess2023mac I feel you. My husband is quite a bit older and I often worry what will happen when he (my best friend) is gone. Neighbors don’t have much to do with one another, kids are thousands of miles away in either direction and don’t check in often. Their parents are invincible and will “always” be there when they want to talk, until they’re not. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My worry is, if something happens, it could be days or weeks before someone misses us.

You can either choose to chew on those worries, or focus on other things.

Getting out and walking helps me a lot. We used to have pet birds and as kooky as it sounds, I talk to the dog and the wild birds when we walk. The dog tips his ear to show he understands, and the birds often answer back.( Especially those crazy mockingbirds. )

Getting out IS a mood enhancer. Works wonders for me and shows me that each day is still beautiful, and with the better health I’ve gained over the past four or five years, very much worth enjoying.

I also do a lot of needlework. Idle hands are the devils playthings- and encourage dark thoughts. Keep those hands busy!

Hugs to you, Jess!
  • jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 41 Member
    I want to see an update to how people are truly feeling today!! I need some positive reinforcement. :)

I'm feeling better than I was on Monday. Yeh, it's only Wednesday but with 2 positive days under my belt, I can gain a forward momentum instead of feeling this huge wall sitting dead ahead of me. I've been walking and staying outside longer. I really feel the sun helps my mood.

Springlering, you said it so well. I do find other things to focus on but dang, it's hard to stop our minds from going places some days. :/

Anyways, I hope everybody is hanging in there and staying on top of those crazy emotions that make us want to eat eat eat. Being here again and counting those calories is where I need to be.

Happy Wednesday!!
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 14
    😬😵‍💫 stressed to the max.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Tired and lethargic. I suspect the calorie deficit isn't helping but certainly 4am alarms for work and not getting to bed early enough are playing their part. Having a cheeky black coffee now before I crack on with my work.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,269 Member
    I need your recipe for cheeky coffee.

• cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    I need your recipe for cheeky coffee.

Lol that would involve 'disappearing' for 10mins to have a free vending machine coffee while no ones looking.