Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How are you REALLY and Honestly feeling today?

Just thought I'll check in with you, lovely people to ask how are you really?

To be honest, I am ok. feeling a little down and unmotivated but overall good. I cannot wait until my holiday in 2 weeks time.

How are you?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,269 Member
    I’m feeling awesome! I had a walk, a stationary bike ride and a cardio class before my Tuesday volunteer desk job. I’m on tenterhooks hoping my replacement comes a few minutes early because is 80% chance of thundershowers in a few minutes and I walked here in “barefoot” shoes with no umbrella.

But the rain will be very very very welcome.

Hope your mood picks up. I find when I least want to work out, is when I feel the mostest, bestest afterwards!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 131 Member
    I'm so glad you are feeling good 🥰 and I hope you have avoided the rain 🤗
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 395 Member
    Im struggling. Im struggling with a deficit. I’m up 11 pounds since summer basically. I just switched over to maintenance to take a diet break. I’m gonna focus on eating the right food choices. I’m supposed to be dairy free and gluten free so I’m gonna work on getting that right and just staying under my maintenance calories. Hopefully I can get back to losing again in time.. not sure how long to diet break…
  • springlering62
    Im struggling. Im struggling with a deficit. I’m up 11 pounds since summer basically. I just switched over to maintenance to take a diet break. I’m gonna focus on eating the right food choices. I’m supposed to be dairy free and gluten free so I’m gonna work on getting that right and just staying under my maintenance calories. Hopefully I can get back to losing again in time.. not sure how long to diet break…

It’s always waiting for you in the other side. You’ll know when you’re ready. Focus on maintenance.

I swear, I think this infernal heat has gifted us all with some pounds!!!!
  • strong_fit_ells

Hang in there ❤️
    Sometimes we just need a click and everything will fall into place ❤️
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Struggling.

My digestive track is all messed up because I am eating too much junk. Now my other chronic condition seems to be acting up. Oh, plus my chronic fatigue has been really bad. So I am just a total mess.

So the fatigue and work stress add up to no energy, which means I don't want to stick to my meal plan, which means I eat for junk... and around and around it all goes. Somehow I have to break the cycle.
  • strong_fit_ells
    betterjude wrote: »
    Hi, yr not alone in this. Here’s something for you to try. It works for me. Go for a walk. Not too far. Take 3 photos along the way. First one is you as you set off. The next is somewhere along the way, a selfie with something or someone interesting. The last one, as you finish. No pouts or filters. Just pure unadulterated you. Now. Go to your photos, edit and put a text saying how you felt in the moment you took the photo. I’ll be surprised if you don’t find you feel better along the way. That’s it. That’s day 1. Day 2. Breakfast. Think about your walk! You made the start yesterday. So today isn’t about starting! You’ve started. So let’s think about breakfast. Dont look for anything sweet or sugary. That’s the habit we’re trying to break. So. Eggs! Mushrooms, cherry toms, green onion. Any herbs you like. Now either scramble yr eggs or make a mushroom omelette, or make a frittata with all ingredients. Simple, nutritious and will sustain you. 11. Am munchies? Grab a handful of nuts and a bottle of water, Lunch! Aim for lots of fibre. Cous cous, salad and your fave fatty fish for those Omegas! Afternoon munch. Celery sticks dipped in PB or Hummus. Dinner. Grilled chicken. Roasted veg. While it’s cooking do some squats take 3 photos. After dinner another walk, not the same walk! Call a friend while you walk. Better still get a friend to walk with you. Mark up those photos. How easy weee the squats and the walk. How are you feeling? Evening munchies? Here comes your treat. Greek yoghurt with a little honey and some berries!

I absolutely love this! ❤️ Especially the idea about photos 🥰 I'm going to do it every day ❤️
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,041 Member
    A little tired. I am just coming off of a 10 day vacation in Northern Ontario.

If I would have made better life choices, I would be retired by now... lol
  • springlering62
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    A little tired. I am just coming off of a 10 day vacation in Northern Ontario.

If I would have made better life choices, I would be retired by now... lol
    But your wife is awesome (per other, sweet post). I’d say your life choices have far exceeded those of most!

Cup half full. 😉

• becca0032
    becca0032 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi thank you for making this thread, I’m not bad thank you, it’s been one hell of a rollercoaster this month but other than that, it’s been getting better. I’m in the midst of getting my home redecorated to give it a refresher up.
  • davidtoc
    davidtoc Posts: 4 Member
    Honestly? I'm hungry.
  • mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 73 Member
    Love this, I actually typed out a load of stuff how I actually feel but I think it became a bit of a trauma dump.

I feel tired and achy, burned out and unfit. But, I also think I'm wallowing in it a bit, I need to find some sunshine.

I love how my wife makes me breakfast and lunch every day for work, she gets up early to do it for me every day. I love her for that (and yes I've told her).

I've got the gift of time, resources (MFP, gym, steps during the commute) and reasonable income. I've got a bottle of water and a coffee next to me.

We've got a music festival next weekend which I'm looking forward to.

Instead of wallowing, I'm gonna spend today thinking about how I can make the most of the weekend and make my wife feel appreciated.
  • MatrexxCanuck
    MatrexxCanuck Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for this thread. I love the responses. Like many here I’m feeling tired and overwhelmed by life. However, instead of dwelling on that (as my brain is determined to do at 3 am instead of sleeping) I’m goingn to focus on what I can handle. A step at a time instead of trying to do it all and all at once. So some work this morning then a hike in the woods this afternoon.
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 164 Member
    I’m a bit frustrated because my weight has bounced up and I am recovering from pneumonia so I can’t do much exercise. I have overeaten for the last two days which sucks. I love my walks! Today has mostly been a good day. Although my nap was half the length I wanted. Apparently I have to wait another week to exercise 😭
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 72 Member
    I feel sluggish and hungry but I have been feeling like this for five weeks now since I started restricting.
  • jeannieroslyn
    jeannieroslyn Posts: 2 Member
    Today is my chill day it’s August 11th 2024 I had a good day at church I Even did a talk, when I talk I can express my innermost feelings, but back to my lifestyle changes. I have 80 lbs to lose, I’m trying to put more protein in my diet, I’m 66 yrs old and this lifestyle is going to get better. I need to move my body more much more. :) my head has to lovingly eat clean and move more, even more yoga. It’s a journey for sure!!! Good luck everyone, have a peaceful day, DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF TODAY!
    Jeannie pj4rho2f6zbe.jpeg

• springlering62
    I feel sluggish and hungry but I have been feeling like this for five weeks now since I started restricting.

Viktorija, are you over-restricting?

This is exactly how I feel when I’m not eating enough.

Don’t push too hard. Slower is safer, and you have a statistically much higher chance of keeping it off if you’re losing slower.

I know, it doesn’t seem fair, and we’re in such a hurry!

If you’re feeling that way, I’d strongly suggest reevaluating your calorie / exercise goal.

Hugs to you. It takes a while to get in the rhythm of this weight loss thing.