Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Aspire to Inspire this August!!!

124»

Replies

• Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 201 Member
    Weigh in day Friday
    Aug 2: 207
    Aug 9: 205
    Aug 16: 203
    Aug 23: 203.8
    Aug 30:

I’m celebrating 20 pound loss. I’m with ounces of hitting it. Should have celebrated last week!
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 212.2 lbs (7/31/24)
    Total loss: -6.8lbs
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for August: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in at 208lbs at the end of the month (-5.6lbs)

AUGUST:
    1st: 213.6 lbs
    2nd: 212.4 lbs
    3rd: 212.8 lbs
    4th: 212.4 lbs
    5th: 213 lbs
    6th: 212.6 lbs
    7th: 211.6 lbs
    8th: 210.8 lbs
    9th: 211 lbs
    10th: Camping
    11th: Camping
    12th: Camping
    13th: 214 lbs
    14th: 211.6 lbs
    15th: 209.7 lbs
    16th: 210.8 lbs
    17th: 210.6 lbs
    18th: 209.8 lbs
    19th: 209.6 lbs
    20th: Away
    21st: Away
    22nd: Away
    23rd: 209.7 lbs
    24th: 207.8 lbs (August Goal Hit!)

Non weight Successes:
    - The airplanes I took on my trip felt more spacious than they did on my last trip 2.5 months ago
    - While I wasn't able to hit the gym 3x this week like usual, I did manage to do a 45 minute Barre workout at home Thursday, and went to my apartment gym today for a 70min workout
    - This upcoming week is my busiest yet, with 11 appointments (I average around 5), which will make me a significant amount of money and help ease financial anxieties!

I had to fly across the country to take a licensing exam for work, so I wasn't able to weigh in, and I also wasn't able to keep up with my usual regime for food and exercise. That being said, I was still tracking my eating habits, and made mindful efforts to still exercise when I had time, not only to continue my journey but also because I knew it would make my body feel good! The Barre I ended up doing with a friend, which ended up being a nice bonding hour together full of laughs. And now getting home and seeing that I have surpassed my goals for this month, really opens my eyes to what sustainable changes look like!

Feeling optimistic, here's to another week!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    Hi, this is the first time posting on the August 200+ thread. I've been AWOL the past few weeks because I had a couple of binges and got set back in my progress. No weight gain but no loss either. I've been consistent with healthy eating this week and staying within my deficit and lost another pound. I'm 184. My short-term goal is to reach 180 by the time Autumn hits. I hope to be in the 160's by the end of the year. That would be amazing!

I'm going to miss all the delicious summer fruits!
  • SirOnionKnight
    SirOnionKnight Posts: 82 Member
    hey guys :D One week left before holidays and still trying to push the numbers as much as I can before them. Water retention has been bad reently, but I managed to still loose a bit this week

Some stats~
    SW: 123.8kg (272lbs) in April 2023
    CW: 98.8kg (217lbs)
    Small Goal: be below 100KG. WOOOO DID IT
    GW: 66kg (145lbs)
    August:
    week 01: 100.8kg (222lbs)
    week 02: 100.1kg (220lbs)
    week 03: 98.8 kg (217lbs)
    week 04: 98.0 kg (216lbs)
    last WI before holiday:
  • GardenQueen30
    GardenQueen30 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone! Tiny check-in. This last week was absolutely insane because I was in charge of decor for our church’s annual blueberry festival. I was diy’ing a huge project all week, plus our kitchen is being remodeled so our house is in shambles. So I just could not manage tracking or working out since Thursday. It’s been pretty discouraging to see my weight trickle up all weekend. It’s not enough to consider a huge setback, but when I’m working so hard and progress is so incredibly slow, it’s just sad. That said, mentally I need to just accept it, and I survived this last week, the festival was wonderful, and we’re back to normal today. Plus it’s kitchen floor day! I am so happy. God bless you all, have a wonderful week.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 208.2
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in:
    8/1 - 210
    8/5 - 209.6
    8/12 - 209.4
    8/19 - 209.4
    8/26 - 208.2
    8/31
    August loss - 1.8

End of Summer Goal - onederland! - My Onderland goal has now been moved to November 1. Since I have had to fight hard this month for a 1.8 pound loss (so far).

Things I want to focus on in August:
    - Better sleep - I will wear my CPAP every night (now that I found a mask that works for me)
    - More H2O
    - Work on my balance and core
    - Weights / strength training 2x per week & walk 2x per week.

Last week I did strength training 2x, Treadmill 1x and a combination ab workout with some cardio. This week I have one treadmill done and I am scheduled for 2 strength training sessions.

NSV: 1 had to order a new watch band since mine is too large. I was able to donate a whole yard size trash bag of clothes that are too large for me. My wedding rings fit consistently - even with this heat! My trainer is very pleased with my progression in both the number of reps and the increase in weight.

The end of August is in sight, let's finish strong!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Keri

71 years old
    5'6" Tall

Challenge Starting Weight: 260 Pre-retirement weight 262
    Challenge Aug starting weight: 254.8
    UGW: 167 (healthy weight for a senior woman my height)

I do check-ins when I lose:
    8/1: 254.8
    8/21: 254
    8/22: 253
    8/23: 252.6
    8/28: 252.2

July Weight loss: 5.6 lbs.
    Weight loss since retiring 10 lbs.
    August Goals:
    • August GW: If possible get into the 240s or very close Getting closer.
    • Keep my water intake up Getting better
    • Keep getting 7+ hours of sleep Yes most nights
    • Meal plan and cook 3+ dinners (my husband and youngest will cook some dinners too) I am planning and am cooking more meals at home
    • Eat healthy breakfasts (only 1 day a week at a café with Latte etc.) – Yes.
    • Work up to 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 days a week – 1 day of aquafit, 1 day of weight training, 4 days of walking increasing lengths of time) Yes, I am exercising at least 30 minutes each week day. I do Aquafit for 50-55 minutes on Sundays. I am doing 1-2 days of strength training during the week. I am taking a longer walk in the last 2 weeks.
    • Up NEAT (non exercise activity) daily such as cooking and cleaning etc. I am improving but need to make more progress here.

Probably not enough time to get into the 240s but I might get closer. Last week I only did 5 days of exercise and skipped yesterday too so I need to get back to my 6 days a week exercise. My next goal is to walk to the nearest café and stay there with a Latte and walk home again. It is just over a mile away. Last month I lost more weight but this month I have upped my exercise. Right now I am working on doing both together.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    @Jensmakingprogress Congrats on the 20 lb loss. That is my next goal. It is what I lost during the pane=demic.
    @quolwy nice job making progress through all those trips and surpassing your goal for the month..
    @lisakatz I will miss the summer fruits too. They are so good for us.
    @SirOnionKnight Good job making your small goal. Enjoy your holiday
    @GardenQueen30 We remodeled our kitchen last year. Since I lose when I cook at home it was a set back for me. We had a kitchen lined up but the remodelers delayed too long.
    @jenbroussard71 Wow I love those NSVs. Thanks for the reminder to finish strong.
  • AG_Lake
    AG_Lake Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 29
    Hello folks !
    Random check-in b/c I lost a bit.
    Now at 211.6
    I’m losing very slowly but keeping on .
    Have a lovely Labour Day weekend, everyone!
    🥳
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 159 Member
    edited August 31
    I have been in Heart Failure since October 22. Sorry, I had a typo. I thought I was out of shape, or it was asthma. My energy was decreasing, fatigue increasing, and shortness of breath increasing. Wrong. Heart Failure. Hindsight is 20/20.

This has been a great month, overall, the reality: I just received my A1C, and it is horrible. I knew eating all those desserts was not good for me. Yikes. Worst 12.1 in the ER, went down to 7.1 this year, and back up to 8.8. Another wake-up call. Bummer. I lost 3 more lbs. I lost a total of 13 lbs. this month. Yay!

Even though I did make great strides...the negatives of the eating disorder clinic are: I gained 20 lbs. (currently lost 13 lbs. of those), and my A1C went up 1.7 points. I can still recover though. I am ready to tackle this head on. My ED therapist reported I will have dips. After 3 months, I finally binged. No, self-care tool was going to take away my anxiety. My body did not take it well. After it was over, it seemed more like torture than a good time. That is a good thing.

It was 99 degrees yesterday. Yuck. The humidity was awful. I had to go back inside. We celebrated my mom's 80th birthday. I gave her a double high five, and we hugged while I sang her." Happy Birthday” completely loud and off key. What a memory! Smile! Her small frame was noticeable, yet she is still a powerhouse when she wants to be.

She did take good care of herself over the years. She, unlike me, ate well and consistently exercised. She will always be a go getter. I am very blessed to have both parents still alive. I am grateful to celebrate with them.

I had a higher calorie meal yesterday. I had a brisket sandwich with BQ sauce, some onion rings, and a little bit of coleslaw. Appetizer was lobster dip where all I tasted was wine and cheese (no lobster ironically). I washed it down with water and a diet Mt. Dew. Yes, I know how not well that is for me. Yes, I am human and imperfect. The restaurant sits on the river. We had to eat inside, since it was sweltering. I enjoyed my brisket thoroughly. That is a once in a while food, good till the last bite. Yes, I am still a foodie at heart. No dessert. Back to cleaner eating tomorrow. I have salmon, asparagus, zucchini and summer squash planned.

September 24 goals: continue practicing self-care daily, learn self-compassion, forgive myself and others, stop being so perfectionistic, validate myself, continue Snoop Dawg’s affirmations video on You Tube, cut carbs for new A1C, and continue cardio 3 days a week, 20-30 minutes at a clip. I am walking at an indoor track with these frying temperatures.

Looking forward to seeing what results I can produce in September. Good luck everyone!
    I miss having the newsfeed. I liked reading what everyone was up to……
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my end of the month updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 212.2 lbs (7/31/24)
    Total loss: -6.8lbs
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for August: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in at 208lbs at the end of the month (-5.6lbs) ✔

AUGUST:
    1st: 213.6 lbs
    2nd: 212.4 lbs
    3rd: 212.8 lbs
    4th: 212.4 lbs
    5th: 213 lbs
    6th: 212.6 lbs
    7th: 211.6 lbs
    8th: 210.8 lbs
    9th: 211 lbs
    10th: Camping
    11th: Camping
    12th: Camping
    13th: 214 lbs
    14th: 211.6 lbs
    15th: 209.7 lbs
    16th: 210.8 lbs
    17th: 210.6 lbs
    18th: 209.8 lbs
    19th: 209.6 lbs
    20th: Away
    21st: Away
    22nd: Away
    23rd: 209.7 lbs
    24th: 207.8 lbs (August Goal Hit!)
    25th: 207.6 lbs
    26th: 207.8 lbs
    27th: 207.8 lbs
    28th: 208 lbs
    29th: 208.6 lbs
    30th: 208.2 lbs
    31st: 207.2 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - Communicated a boundary at work effectively, and managed to build rapport with a client because of my honesty
    - Took time this week to read for enjoyment, which I haven't been able to do for a while since I had an exam looming

Not a SUPER eventful final week, but as I've hit my August Goal I'm feeling pretty motivated to continue on this path! I think I might be getting into another weight freeze where I'm at, but I don't mind! Slow and steady is the goal! I want to be able to enjoy the process, not JUST the end Goal.

I know I don't reply to other posts often, but I AM reading each one and cheering on from afar! I'm excited to see the Successes AND setbacks for each of us, knowing that all it takes is another positive choice to get us in the right direction.

Looking forward to September's post, sweater weather, and warm drinks! Great job everyone!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 362 Member
    💜💜💜Hello, ladies!!!💜💜💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum:

🍁Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Strong This September!!!🍁

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922889/women-200lb-lets-stay-strong-this-september#latest

See you there!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer - 53 years
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 208.2
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in:
    8/1 - 210
    8/5 - 209.6
    8/12 - 209.4
    8/19 - 209.4
    8/26 - 208.2
    8/31 - 208.6
    August loss - 1.4

Feeling pretty good about August as I developed a few more healthy habits: I am now working out consistently - 4 times a week (2 strength & 2 walking).

I did not make much progress with my CPAP - I was doing well before I had strep throat and did not return to using the machine. I will work on this in September.

I did much better with my water intake and food logging.