ZepBound for Weight Loss

2»

Replies

• Julieann404
    Julieann404 Posts: 14 Member
    So....for many of us it might be the first time in our lives that we are "unable to eat" or aren't hungry, right? That said, we need to find things we CAN eat so we hit our macro goals. I underate for years (though I was/am overweight/obese). Two times this year I have gone on a cruise and LOST weight. The nutritionist pointed this out to me and it finally got me to understand that I need to eat more! I eat a high protein, low carb diet and (try to) drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. This morning I'm having chicken for breakfast as my top priorities are getting 100g of protein a day and eating 1200 calories a day. I need to add drinking more water to that list!!! LOL.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,142 Member
    So....for many of us it might be the first time in our lives that we are "unable to eat" or aren't hungry, right? That said, we need to find things we CAN eat so we hit our macro goals. I underate for years (though I was/am overweight/obese). Two times this year I have gone on a cruise and LOST weight. The nutritionist pointed this out to me and it finally got me to understand that I need to eat more! I eat a high protein, low carb diet and (try to) drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. This morning I'm having chicken for breakfast as my top priorities are getting 100g of protein a day and eating 1200 calories a day. I need to add drinking more water to that list!!! LOL.
    being obese and undereating?

You don’t need to drink more water, 6-8 glasses is plenty.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited October 9

Yes.
    Weight gain can happen when someone habitually undereats, and then goes over in response to the undereating.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,142 Member

Yes.
    Weight gain can happen when someone habitually undereats, and then goes over in response to the undereating.
    undereating would require context.

• MargaretYakoda
    edited October 10

Yes.
    undereating would require context.

“Habitually”

Example: A person who has ADHD, and is often frequently engulfed in an activity. It doesn’t occur to them to remember to eat. This person is not actively tracking their food consumption and is not trying to diet or lose weight. They’re not really focusing on it.

Over a month this person might have a diet where most days their calorie intake is below their daily caloric needs, if only by a couple hundred. Not quite enough to notice being extra hungry most of the time.

Then they’re hungry. Perhaps even ravenous. And, since they’re not tracking their food consumption, they eat as much as they want in that moment. And since it’s only one or maybe two days a week? It doesn’t feel to the person like they’re overeating. In their mind they don’t see themselves as eating a lot, because most of the time they aren’t eating much.

It’s not unusual to consume so much food that the person’s overall calorie consumption is above their average daily calorie needs, and results in weight gain.

This is a relatively common phenomenon for autistic people, and people who have ADHD. And is, yes, a result of habitually under eating. Something that doesn’t become obvious until the person starts tracking their diet.

It’s something I have struggled with too, and is why I have set my calorie goals to 1200 as a floor that I need to be sure to reach on a consistent basis.

So. Hope this explains what I mean.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,134 Member
    I have no idea what Zep Bound is however I will tell you that all these programs that help you lose weight are not the long term cure for being overweight. Long term is lifestyle changes that include a diet that is sustainable.

Well said.

You are injection who knows what chemicals in your body instead of putting the work in and controlling your calories.
  • MargaretYakoda
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    I have no idea what Zep Bound is however I will tell you that all these programs that help you lose weight are not the long term cure for being overweight. Long term is lifestyle changes that include a diet that is sustainable.

Well said.

You are injection who knows what chemicals in your body instead of putting the work in and controlling your calories.

People who are prescribed GLP-1 inhibitors also put in the work and control their calories.