Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need positive support friend.

Hi
I’m 86 and would love to be thinner the remainder of my life. Bad knees and back. Goal is to lose 40 lbs. Need support getting around Fitbit community. Leslie
Tagged:

Answers

• George_1980
    George_1980 Posts: 41 Member
    We can all use a support friend or accountability partner. I am new here too. What is your plan to lose the weight?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Hello, and welcome!

I joined here at 59, lost around 50 pounds, and my knee pain was much improved: Less frequent, less severe. (Mine is osteoarthritis and at least one torn meniscus - probably both. I'm deferring surgery.) Now 68, still at a healthy weight, and still much improved.

I'm hoping and betting that losing some weight will help you, too. The one thing I'd say is that it took a bit of time to see the benefits: Losing weight reduces stress on the joints, but they may need a bit of time to heal and improve, I think, once at that lighter weight. It wasn't like huge numbers of months or anything, but also not absolutely instant with the weight loss, for me.

Wishing you success!