What is the point of friends on here?

I have been a member since around 2012, since the removal of the Newsfeed which means no longer able to see friends' progress or statuses and they no longer being able to see mine, may I ask just what is the point of accepting friend requests? After all, they won't be able to support me as they can't see anything on my page..........I can no longer support them as I cannot see their pages........

I have had several friend requests during the last few weeks, but I just look at them and think "what's the point??" then I promptly delete. Anybody else having similar thoughts?

Best Answers

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    Answer ✓
    I agree with you. I have had several friends request since the removal of the newsfeed and I delete them all.

Answers

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    The only point to friends now is being able to send messages. (Hence why the scammers are still sending requests.)
  • raleighzia
    raleighzia Posts: 129 Member
    Thanks, I was wondering what happened.
  • 1982louise
    1982louise Posts: 2 Member
    Why was the newsfeed removed?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    1982louise wrote: »

They are saying it was used very little. Ridiculous because it appears when you log on. They didn't feel it warranted upkeep.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    The code was outdated/hard to maintain. And rather than remake a new version, they decided to not make the effort and chose to eliminate the feature. (And yes, supposedly because it was a little used feature)
  • arcticlynx1
    arcticlynx1 Posts: 33 Member
    __Di__ wrote: »

They are saying it was used very little. Ridiculous because it appears when you log on. They didn't feel it warranted upkeep.

The problem was when they moved the newsfeed away from the first thing you saw, as you logged into the app. Most people lost connection with their friends.

They need to redesign the app to bring the community and friendship parts back into the design.

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    __Di__ wrote: »

The problem was when they moved the newsfeed away from the first thing you saw, as you logged into the app. Most people lost connection with their friends.

They need to redesign the app to bring the community and friendship parts back into the design.

No newsfeed at all now, unfortunately. I only ever use this on my laptop. I agree, they definitely need to bring the friendship parts back into the design.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,048 Member
    I've been back logging again after a long hiatus and I miss my newsfeed, I still had friends on there, and I've had a couple of requests in the past few weeks and don't see the point.

I wish MFP would start improving and expanding their offering instead of taking away. The app recipe builder is still crap, I have to replace every ingredient it matches because the entries it chooses are never green tick, and always only have 1 type of unit, usually a useless one (like cups of carrot etc).