Weight

juliedandy02
juliedandy02 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 24 in Getting Started
Well to say i am dissapointed is an understatement.
I have been following FP for 2 weeks. Written down and measured everything that i have eaten. Been to thé gym 3 times. Walked my dog everyday a d yet i have gained 2lb !!! Which i did loose on my first week !!
Any advice please I have done this before and it worked really well !
I have also stayed with within calorie allowance !

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Water weight most likely if you're weighing everything with calories on a scale. Your body is so much more than bones, organs and bodyfat. There's a lot of fluid in there as well, and it constantly shifts. See it as your own personal ebb and flood. Eat more salt, hormonal cycle fluctuations, new exercise, outside temperature, all those things influence your water weight. Plus there's poop weight: if you've eaten less fats and had less bowel movements then there;s more weight in your intestines which is just food waste and not bodyfat. Add to it time of the day you step on the scale (before/after fluids or food), the clothes you wear, the state of your scale's battery and lots of other things. Weightloss is not fast, and sometimes there are lots of factors outside of bodyfat that hide weightloss. Patience! If no weightloss after one full menstrual cycle if you have one, or at least 4 weeks then it's worth looking into logging accuracy and a few other things.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    Lack of patience! That doesn’t mean you lost then gained 2 lb of fat. Lots of things in our body have weight!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    If you have been following for two months with no changes, then get concerned. Being down 2 lb one week and up 2 lb the next week is 100% normal fluctuation. Stay the course 👍
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    3 gym visits in 2 weeks isnt enough. Try for 3 in one week.