Fell off a bit

I fell off a bit and started eating sugary things and overeating and binging since coming home from college . Any advice for living with family again where you can't really meal prep in the household? I have access to fruits and vegetables buts it's like I only have the energy to eat the sweet stuff and not cook . Also any advice on quick high protein meals that I could make where I don't have to be in the kitchen for more than an hour? I've gained like 10 lbs :(
Tagged:

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,737 Member
    At the end of the day, you have to want to. I think you know it doesn't take an hour to make a decent meal, which tells me tou may be mentally exaggerating things just a bit to excuse yourself from doing it. And if you don't want to, that's ok. But if you do want to, pick yourself up and just do it. You can eat the same things as everyone else. Just smaller servings. But you have to hold yourself to that. You can do it, I promise, but you have to want to.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Yeah, I'm with sollyn.

There's no reason why you have to eat the sweet stuff, either. Think of the treat foods as belonging to your family, not you. Put them away, off the countertop.

Also, if you're still young, that ten pounds will drop right back off with just a little discipline. Are you doing active stuff with your friends? Get out there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    I fell off a bit and started eating sugary things and overeating and binging since coming home from college . Any advice for living with family again where you can't really meal prep in the household? I have access to fruits and vegetables buts it's like I only have the energy to eat the sweet stuff and not cook . Also any advice on quick high protein meals that I could make where I don't have to be in the kitchen for more than an hour? I've gained like 10 lbs :(

I agree with the others about cooking not needing to take an hour. I rarely spend that much time prepping a meal for myself.

It doesn't even have to take cooking per se: Cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit, pre-cut veggies, hard-boiled eggs (zero cooking if you buy them cooked, only a few minutes - and much cheaper - if you cook some ahead), bagged salad with packaged tuna or chicken.

Low cooking or prep, maybe frozen veggies with a protein, wrap sandwich on a calorie-efficient tortilla-type bread, protein pasta with veggies or jarred marinara and a major protein.

If you can work yourself up to an hour or so now and then, and have access to freezer space, think about things like frozen burritos (check out breakfast burrito recipes), egg muffins or baked mini-frittatas, baked oatmeal, and more. Once you have those frozen, zap briefly in the microwave for a quick meal.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    edited August 26
    Why can't you meal prep? Go shopping with your family and pick out what you need to measure / weigh / pre-package your food. You can offer to help with dinners so that you can keep things separate, as a protein and a starch and veggies are easier to calculate than a casserole. It also gives you a chance to control and measure additives like oils and sauces, etc. I wouldn't want to cook for more than an hour either! That sounds miserable.