How to be consistent when I work odd hours?

Hello! I have been trying off and on for years to lose/maintain any weight loss. I work retail as a manager and don't have a consistent work schedule. I work 630-330, 8-5, and 1230-930 shifts throughout the week. I find it hard to not be so tired in the evenings from walking around the store all day and having breaks/meals at differing times each day.
Any advice on what I can do to keep up my energy levels and my commitment to being active?

Answers

• raquel424
    raquel424 Posts: 39 Member
    That’s 9 hours a shift with one coffee break and a lunch probably? I’m almost the same in terms of eating habits until it finally clicked when the proof was my health change. You have to make your food intake count and on set intervals. Aim for high protein snacking during your shift. Can you steal yourself a 2-5 minute break to ingest a 20-30 g of protein? It can be cheese, peppperettes, hard boiled egg, prepped meals. You have to stop yourself and eat or drink a protein shake . Another benefit I was amazed at the fact that my cravings for junk are a lot less because I am supplying my body with good stuff before I get hungry