Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you manage exercise with migraines?

I am wondering how people manage exercising if they suffer from migraines? I’m barely managing just working a job, which makes it really hard to exercise and risk bringing on more migraines. (I know some people say exercise helps migraines, but it does the opposite for me). This is probably a question with no definitive answer, as I’ve tried most medications, holistic practices and diet changes, nerve injections, etc. Curious as to how many others struggle with this as well.
Tagged:

Answers

• wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 87 Member
    Once I started using the monthly injectable migraine meds my headaches decreased 90%. Made my life so much easier and could exercise. Before then could not exercise or barely function when I had migraine attacks.
  • 6m4cytkt7y
    6m4cytkt7y Posts: 4 Member
    I second the monthly injections. Tried everything else for decades without success. As far as exercise, if you can’t do vigorous or moderate exercise, can you do things like gardening or a light stroll? I would just keep it really simple with light activity until you get a better handle on the migraines. You have my sympathy!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 398 Member
    I have been a migraine sufferer sine 2017. I have figured out my triggers and how to work around them. Unfortunately, there were exercises I had to stop doing (like hiking after work in the heat) because they were triggering.

I built up a home gym after Covid19 and recently just added an Elliptical trainer to help with staying active despite my migraine triggers. Maxalt MLT has also helped tremendously.