Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Be able to add custom name for quick add

I have a meal service and would be nice to add a custom name to a quick add. And maybe even a picture
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• captaingrim
    captaingrim Posts: 1 Member
    I came here to suggest the same thing!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,688 Member
    You could save it as a named "My Food" custom food in MFP. If you know the macros, you can input them; but if you don't you can leave them zero (at least in the Android phone/tablet app). It will give some warning messages and encourage you to add nutrition, but you can keep pressing Save and it will save it.
  • debeluzijus
    debeluzijus Posts: 2 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You could save it as a named "My Food" custom food in MFP. If you know the macros, you can input them; but if you don't you can leave them zero (at least in the Android phone/tablet app). It will give some warning messages and encourage you to add nutrition, but you can keep pressing Save and it will save it.

This is not a solution. My use case is as follows: I use ChatGPT to calculate calories for me, particularly for dishes that I cook, and it is always a bit different—there are no two meals that are the same; it is always something different. I can tell ChatGPT what my ingredients are, and it will calculate macros and calories per serving for me. It is a bit annoying that I can't save the name of the dish, at least as a reminder of what I have eaten.
  • debeluzijus
    debeluzijus Posts: 2 Member
    I came here to suggest the same thing!

Same here. First post, just beacuse of this request.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 806 MFP Staff
    Thank you all for your suggestion! Please know that I've passed this request along to our team to consider for a future update.