LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,720 Member
    @MissMay, thanks for setting up October! Glad you’re ok with the hurricane.

@xbowhunter so happy for you! Your positive energy is very motivating.

@SurferGirl1982 wow, the story of you being hospitalized is terrifying! Yeah, nip that in the bud as best you can, safely, of course.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 247 Member
    @Womona Yeah, my story is a little different than most of the other members here. And I think it is best for me to try to quit altogether.

Most of you know that I'm not capable of moderating. If I were, I don't think 1-2 A days a week would be that bad. But it just doesn't happen!

One thing that is very motivating is @xbowhunter. Yes, xbowhunter you are doing great! And giving inspiration to me and I imagine many others. Thank you!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 572 Member
    What SparkSpringtime said, SurferGirl. You are getting a little closer each day. It's hard to kick a YEARS long habit in a few short months. Do what you can to even cut back a little when you can. Hang in there!
  • SurferGirl1982
    Thanks @chicbuc I know I'll have good news real soon!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @shorepine You should be proud of yourself. Those are awesome numbers!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,425 Member
    17 AF
    10 A
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,596 Member
    @NonnieDoiron you're the cleaning/baking/cooking triathlete! Add shopping :) Curious to hear what you'll make. Will you have non-alcoholic drinks?

Usually my guests are my grown kids and their fiancee or the girlfriend of the month. Half the gang doesn't drink since they have a long drive back and the other half drinks like fish. Usually, I buy tequila and a few different wines and usually one of them brings the latest bourbon in fashion or whatever. I'll probably intentionally only buy alcohol I dislike (rum) because if I buy tequila, I may tempt myself and drink it. I will have to plan out what I will drink though. I'm contemplating breaking out the blender and going all out making at least 2 types of not mocktails, one fruity and one not sweet. I have to get up to speed on the latest mocktail recipes.
  • SurferGirl1982
    @RubyRed427 That must be hard abstaining when everyone else is drinking. I know what you mean about having another Day 1. Day 1's are hard to achieve and usually aren't that pleasant either!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,279 Member
    @RubyRed427 That must be hard abstaining when everyone else is drinking. I know what you mean about having another Day 1. Day 1's are hard to achieve and usually aren't that pleasant either!

Thanks Surfer girl! <3