I did not know! I did NOT know!

Options

Replies

• CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did not know that it was possible to lose 50 lbs without a huge lifestyle change and pills
    I did not know that so many people suffer from PCOS and weight issues due to medical reasons until I came to this site.
    I did not know that I could finally feel proud of myself
    I did not realize how insecure I was and how much my weight has affected my self-confidence(still a work in progress but I am finally starting to look at myself in the mirror again)
    I did not realize that in order to lose weight I wouldn't have to cut out foods I enjoy - just needed to focus on moderation and portion control.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    1. I did not know that I was eating so much salt and that cutting back could make such a difference.
    2. I did not know that supportive friends would make me feel so much better and be so encouraging.
    3. I did not know that I really could could get my carb addiction and sugar intake under control.
    4. I did not know that I could get to a point where I was working out so much and feeling so much better.
    5. I did not know how much injuries really suck and how bad I would miss the working out once I couldn't do it anymore.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did not know that at 42 years old:
    1. that I'd be jogging with a 26 year old coworker who keeps asking me to slow down.
    2. that I'd be doing tornado kicks and spinning hooks kicks and sparring with 15 year olds.
    3. that I could complete the Insanity by Beachbody program.
    4. that going to boot camp with my husband on Saturday mornings for an hour and then chasing each other around the jogging track for another half hour would be such a hot date.
    5. that people would be calling me skinny.
    6. that exercise would be the best "medicine" to alleviate all my back pain.
  • donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    What a great post! I really enjoyed every thing I read!
    I did not know I could actually take weight off and keep it off!
    I did not know how great it feels to weigh less than my drivers licese says I weigh!! (how great THAT feels!)
    I did not know my weigh has been such a drag to my personal happiness.
    I did not realize how good it feels for people to say " you better not lose any more weight!"
  • withtree
    withtree Posts: 14
    Options
    1. I did not know that Zumba could be so much fun, even if you can't dance and look funny.
    2. I did not know that I could grow to like coffee with only skim milk and no sugar.
    3. I did not know that finding excuses to exercise is more fun and satisfying that finding excuses not to exercise.
    4. I did not know that I could lose this much weight and weigh less than I have weighed for the past 7 years, WOW.
    5. I did not know that I could get through a work day without running for the afternoon chocolate bar.

Although I have lost 11 lbs, since joining this website, I have lost a total of 26lbs, since January! I still have 15 more to go, to reach my goal, but I am getting there. I still fall off of the wagon (sometimes, it even runs me over) but I get back up, dust myself off and start back on my diet. No use beating myself up, only look forward, not back, unless you want to see how far you have come, lol.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great post, I love it! Can't think of my 5 things at the moment but loves everyone elses!:bigsmile:
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    everyone is so inspiring :)

1. i did not know that i could ever love wearing shorts...in public :)
    2. i did not know that my arms could ever be capable of having muscle tone
    3. i did not know that counting calories and watching what i ate could actually help me lose weight and keep it off
    4. i did not know that the scale could go this low with me standing on it
    5. i did not know that i would have the confidence and drive to train for a half marathon
    6. i did not know that i would ever look forward to working out each day :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    1. I did not know that fat cells hold estrogen.
    2. I did not know that sodium could make my weight fluctuate so much so quickly.
    3. I did not know that I didn't need food to fall asleep.
    4. I did not know that I was so strong.
    5. I did not know how unhealthy I really was.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I did not know that strangers would become friends, and friends would become inspirations and we would lift each other up on this weight loss journey.
    I did not know I liked sweating so much. It is like a workout badge of honor.
    I did not know that through this, maybe, just maybe, I could learn to start loving myself.
  • s_perdue
    s_perdue Posts: 11
    Options
    1. I didn't know I'd ever find a protein shake I ENJOY drinking.

ME EITHER!! Which kind do you use? I found that I really like GNC's Be Buff chocolate malt flavor with milk. I'm looking for some other options to change it up sometimes!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!! I love what you said about 2 pieces! :laugh:
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1) I did not know I could save my marriage by putting myself first.
    2) I did not know I would be able to walk by doughnuts at work and not even WANT to eat one.
    3) I did not know the value I attributed food and how that changed (without me making a conscious effort) so that I could lose weight.
    4) I did not know it would only take 2 short months and 17lbs before I could walk (even jog!) up a flight of stairs and not be winded.
    5) I did not know educating myself (and putting that education into action) about proteins, carbs, and fats could help me lose weight better.
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    All of these are very inspirational. Thank you all for posting!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    GREAT idea for a thread!! I love this!!

I did not know:

1) people would tell me they envy my dedication to working out everyday.
    2) when I sit down to watch a television show, that I would feel like I would rather be working out.
    3) I would like feeling the pain that comes with a good Insanity workout.
    4) I would think about how many calories or fat grams something has before putting it in my mouth.
    5) once I started going to Turbokick class, I would look forward to it all day long.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that I could commit to myself to workout everyday no matter what, I feel like I might die if I don't workout!
    I didn't know that I can go with out candy, pop, chocolate, pasta, pizza, basically stuff that I shouldn't put into my body all the time like I used to.
    I didn't know that I would ever workout and see my reflection in the mirror and think "I look tough!" or "I look somewhat skinny!"
    I didn't know that I had muscles hidden underneath everything else that I've lost (there's still a little stuff on top, but I can definitely feel them and some times see them)
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    1) I did not know exactly how emotional I would get once I FINALLY was able to STOP shopping at the big girl stores and was able to fit into "normal" sizes! Buh-bye Lane Bryant, hello Old Navy (and EVERYWHERE else!)
    2.) I did not know that even though I am NOT now, nor ever have been, a morning person, that I would actually like and look forward to 5 am workouts. Now that I have a longer commute to work, I can only squeeze in one early AM a week and I actually MISS them! (I work out after work mostly)
    3.) I did not know that I MUCH prefer my 2 hour Saturday AND Sunday "me" times at the gym over just about anything else.... I don't spend as much money on the weekends now that I'm not constantly going shopping or to the movies.
    4.) I did not know that my boyfriend would actually be receptive to the idea of, much less bring it up himself, switching from beef to turkey products!
    5.) I did not know that I could push myself, well, more like WILL myself to jog the entire 3.3 mile loop at my favorite lakeside trail WITHOUT stopping for a walking interval!
    6.) I did not know just how important support and motivation from others was until I joined MFP! When you make a commitment to start losing weight and want to lead a healthier lifefstyle, you may end up having less and less in common with work friends and your normal friends as well.
    7.) I did not know that making my fitness a priority would improve my relationship with my boyfriend. When I go to the gym, I feel better about myself, and thus, I have become a better partner.

I did not know any of this stuff 100 lbs ago!
  • smile2010
    smile2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! :) Good for you! :) I don't have anything to share as of yet, but very inspiring! :)

I LOVE that!! Awesome!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    PS -- one more!

I did not know that I would actually crave fat free cottage cheese with fresh strawberries!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Here are mine (and some are repeats):
    1. I didnt know there was a runner hiding inside me.
    2. That I would have more energy after spending 60-90 mins working out hard.
    3. That I didnt need to eat sooooo much to feel full and satisfied.
    4. That I would lose a lot of my desire to watch tv and feel more interest in improving myself/my house.
    5. That I would crave so much water.

Thats all I can think of right now!