Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Reverse diet

Hi everyone! I an doing a reverse diet to speed up my metabolism that was pretty tanked from 28 years of anorexia nervosa. I am working with a coach to do this, and though it is really hard seeing the number on the scale go up, I know I'm also building muscle (I workout at the gym 5 days a week) to help minimise fat gain and get in good shape. Anyone else here dealing with an eating disorder? Anyone else dealing with a reverse diet weight gain or loves their training? I love the challenge of weight training and always look forward to it.
I'm using MyFitnessPal to track my macros and calories although I do sometimes find it hard if I am having a half or a quarter serve of something and how to put that in.
Looking forward to meeting and becoming friends with some of you!

Replies

• officialdrafty
    officialdrafty Posts: 1 Member
    First of would said you can try www.lumen.me when blow into the technology you will get Results that help you better analyze Tracking your metabolism.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    If you only eat half or a quarter of the serving represented by the database entry, type 0.5 or 0.25 into the "servings" field (I think you can change your settings so it will accept fractions in that field, but I'm not sure as I've never done that).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    As a professional in the business, I feel you're still dealing with your eating disorder. A common thing with people who have dealt with anorexia nervosa is liking to workout because it is something they can control and do to control their weight. It's great that you're likely physically stronger and keeping the muscle in tone, but building muscle.................not likely because building muscle means adding weight. And if you're not adding weight, you're not building muscle to any significant extent.
    Hopefully you have a counselor or consultant that's experienced in eating disorders to help you through, because like people with other addictions, the mental aspect is a strong reason to hold you back from getting to full recovery.
    As for eating, if you can't eat a lot, then eat calorie dense. There are a lot of things out there you can eat that are calorie dense that won't necessarily fill you up full. Avocados, full fat cheeses and yogurt, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png