Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Steps should not be adding calories

Answers

• chench53
    chench53 Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 6
    I thought I had mucked up settings! Glad it wasn't me. I just woke up and already have steps & 658 exercise calories! Hahaha!!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited September 6
    From Fitbit:

"Incident affecting Web API
    Some users may notice data discrepancies or syncing issues between 3P apps and Fitbit. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of the issue.

Incident began at 2024-08-30 00:00 (all times are US/Pacific)."
  • geraldb88
    geraldb88 Posts: 3 Member
    In the last 2 days the Fitbit Calorie adjustment is suddenly overstating my calories adjustment. In the attached pic you can see MFP is picking up a figure of 1497 cal when in fact I have only burned 908 cal according to Fitbit. Where is the extra cals coming from? As a consequence MFP is giving me a credit cal of 394 cal for the projected day which is way overstated 🤣

I have logged out of Fitbit and reconnected Fitbit again but this did not correct the error.

5a8kx55d1efs.jpeg
  • dannypye88
    dannypye88 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello

I have been using MFP for years alongside my fitbit to add my steps to the app - recently and I believe after an update, MFP is really over estimating the calories for steps.

Most mornings ive been walking to work and takes me about an hour and I get like 7000+ steps and usually calculates about 500 calories

But now and for the last few days its been giving me 1550+ calories for the same walk I have been doing for years

Ive read about 'accidental' weight entry's etc but that is not the case, I have not accidently put my weight as an elephant so I dont know how to fix this other than the recent MFP app update has caused me issues

Has anyone else had this problem and know the fix as I surely haven't burned that many calories from a steady pace walk, its just frustrating me at the moment because its usually quite accurate

thanks
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 6
    I'm the same, the last 2 or 3 days. This morning got up had breakfast and only did about 700 steps and it has given me +700 calories. I've tried unlinking Fitbit and relinking but it's not changed!
  • adnap1978
    adnap1978 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 6
    I'm in the same boat. @support what is happening, has there been a patch which has messed this up.
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 6
    Just noticed there's a few posts below about it. Looks like they are investigating. Hopefully won't take too long
  • Kelstarr84
    Kelstarr84 Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 6
    Exactly the same for me here in the UK. Woke up this morning, went downstairs and earned 500+ calories in exercise!!!! If only weight loss was that easy!! Been happening since Tuesday for me.
  • StanfordYell2
    StanfordYell2 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 6
    Phew, I thought it was just me!
  • escschwartz
    escschwartz Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 6
    Same issue this morning. MFP says Fitbit has 1300 cal burned as of 7:45am where my Fitbit app lists about 485. Also did a disconnect reconnect hoping it would re-sync properly.
  • juanamyh9213
    juanamyh9213 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 6
    Yep I've got under 200 steps in and it's saying I've got 800 extra calories today. It's been gradually getting more accurate towards the end of the day. Yesterday's calories are within a hundred calories of Fitbit's own calculation, but throughout the day they were way off for the last 3 or 4 days
  • escschwartz
    edited September 6
    Apparently, MFP says the issue is at the Fitbit end and they are aware and are working to fix.
  • escschwartz
    edited September 6
    MFP says it is at Fitbit end and that Fitbit is aware of the issue and working on it.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 6
    It's been a disaster all week. They are blaming fitbit apparently but who knows.
  • BlueberryRipple
    BlueberryRipple Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 6
    I see there was a Fitbit App update yesterday – has anyone’s calorie tracking gone back to normal yet? (Might not have been a fix for it, of course!)
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 6
    It's been a few days with same problem. 😕
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,446 MFP Staff
    It's been a disaster all week. They are blaming fitbit apparently but who knows.

https://status.fitbit.com/incidents/D6j3uhKPGKKsJjNoxsp7

We're not blaming anyone; Fitbit has acknowledged it is their issue.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    These crazy adjustments aren’t coming from FitBit I’m convinced. The numbers don’t even appear on my Fitbit tracking. So fat today I’ve burned 1500 according to FitBit but on MFP it’s saying I’ve burned 2100 from FitBit with a projection of 2900 for the day which is where they are getting the adjustment. I’m a middle aged woman with thyroid disease no way am I burning 2900 lolf2htaw80cvw3.png
    grt3vxd2im9g.png
  • geraldb88
    geraldb88 Posts: 3 Member
    I discovered that by 23:55 of the day, the adjustment actually reads the right calories from Fitbit 🤣. So in a really perverse way it actually is trying to encourage us each day by giving us a big credit at the start of each day so we don’t get too depressed 😁🤣🤣🤣
  • ShrinkingOtter2
    ShrinkingOtter2 Posts: 8 Member
    Mine definitely isn't fixed yet. I walked about 250 steps this morning and I have about 600 exercise calories available to me. Huh?