weightloss

what tips have helped you loose weight the fastest?🥰

Replies

• KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 46 Member
    ShopieCaca wrote: »
    what tips have helped you loose weight the fastest?🥰

I heard that the fastest way to drop weight was to chop a leg off. :smiley: I can see it would work really well but I guess I'll just stick with my long term plan.

It would be great tho to loose a few pounds so that my clothes fitted better.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Liposuction is fast.
    Healthy weight loss through diet and exercise takes patience.
    1lb per week is a pretty healthy expectation.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    There is no fast way. Overstressing the body with too low of calories then you'r homeostatic system overloads your body with water retention trying to balance the fat and muscle loss so you look bloated and havn't lost any weight plus you lose lean mass (muscle) so you end up looking worse.

Stick to a more reasonable plan and have patience. Crash diets don't work
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 443 Member
    Lots of studies saying that any weightloss based on calorie counting isn't even sustainable when they consider the picture over a number of year in those studies. You have to change how and what you eat if you want it to stay off for the rest of your life. Which sucks because for most people that takes some time.

https://zoe.com/learn/why-calorie-counting-doesnt-work A link to the meta-analysis paper is in the article if you prefer to read the original study.
  • tomcustombuilder
    edited September 5
    Jacq_qui wrote: »
    Lots of studies saying that any weightloss based on calorie counting isn't even sustainable when they consider the picture over a number of year in those studies. You have to change how and what you eat if you want it to stay off for the rest of your life. Which sucks because for most people that takes some time.

https://zoe.com/learn/why-calorie-counting-doesnt-work A link to the meta-analysis paper is in the article if you prefer to read the original study.

lol, ok

Without counting you have no idea how many calories you're taking in. Once you count for awhile and get a good sense about what X amount of calories then you can slack off a bit.

20 years of counting and being able to back reference what my weight was doing in relation to how I was eating didn't cause any weird eating disorders. People read these articles and then use them to rationalize why they shouldn't count calories and wonder why they're overweight.

People go on the internet and spend an hour looking at cat pictures but say they don't have time to log their food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,157 Member
    Jacq_qui wrote: »

Yeah, basically it perpetuates the belief that it's the fault of the individual and all that's needed is to consume fewer calories, oh, and move more. I suspect that idea isn't going to change for the vast majority of people anytime soon simply because there's almost no support from food or pharma companies that actually support the notion that it's just a calorie problem. It's not in eithers best interest to promote more of a whole food scenario and nutritional science, it would cost both billions of dollars annually, just not going to happen, ever. Counting calories doesn't address the underlying problem of overconsumption and is just addressing the symptom of excess weight. :)
  • tomcustombuilder
    Counting is a way to be accountable.
    If your weight has been stable and you like your weight then no counting necessary.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited September 7
    https://zoe.com/learn/why-calorie-counting-doesnt-work A link to the article.

Snippet from the article intro:
    A review and meta-analysis examining 80 weight loss clinical trials provides some evidence. The authors compared different methods of dieting, including low-calorie diets.

They found that a diet focused on drastically reducing caloric intake initially produces dramatic weight loss. But people's weight steadily rises back.

And at the 3-year mark, most people — around 80% — are rapidly approaching their starting weight.

/snippet

The article seems to justify the product they want to sell against diets that "drastically reduce calories" - which is the definition of fad/crash diets, NOT calorie counting.

Their product and eating ideas are just 1 idea of foods to choose and quantity. That is all any diet plan is - someone's idea of what and how much to eat.

Calorie counting is just one way to understand quantity, and is exceptionally flexible - same as other counting systems like Weight Watchers Points or Richard Simmons Deal-a-meal plan based on food exchanges.

Relapse occurs when a person stops efforts to lose or maintain, and starts eating extra.... not the fault of any diet plan or approach.

MFP provides a counting mechanism and helpful information for weight management, but each person puts together their own choices and goals to lose, maintain or gain in a system with a huge learning curve.... and that curve... can seem impossible...

following someone elses simple idea that promises the moon can seem easier for sure, and those get abandoned too... So, yoyo dieting is what a lot of people keep doing and failing through... It's a billion dollar scam industry...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member

People go on the internet and spend an hour looking at cat pictures but say they don't have time to log their food.

This absolutely made my day. It should go in the MFP Shrine of Gems.
  • tomcustombuilder

lol, but it’s true!

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member

Is it okay to spend an hour on the internet looking at cat pictures as long as you do log your food? (Asking for a friend)

No, because cuteness has so much calories that you'll gain weight. 🐈=🎂 😹
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,988 Member
    I remember losing weight a lot faster when I took a part time job working for a Chipotle type local restaurant. It was hard physical labor! And I got a delicious free tofu burrito bowl 3 days per week that I'd split for lunch and dinner.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,988 Member
    And made about $20-25 per hour to lose weight as I was paid hourly plus tips.
  • _melysalopez_
    _melysalopez_ Posts: 10 Member
    The fastest way is log and move everyday