Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you keep or throw out your larger waist size pants when you lost weight?

2»

Replies

• lemlin1967
    lemlin1967 Posts: 3 Member
    I made a point of donating to my local charity shop everything that is a size to which I would never ever be happy returning. Partly as I don't want a reminder of myself when I was 18 stone ( now 13 ), Partly because I am adamant that version of me is gone never to return and partly so that if I did put back any weight there is no easy clothing option available. I would have to go out and buy clothes I didn't want to buy.

This works for me but isn't for everyone. Some people would like to see and be reminded of how different their look is now. Or perhaps your weightloss tends to yoyo a little. I guess ultimately what works for you works for you.
  • PryorInc
    PryorInc Posts: 33 Member
    Donated to a charitable organization. No need holding on the that mindset. I have no plans to ever use or need them again.
  • dlhollin1
    dlhollin1 Posts: 684 Member
    I have lost 43 lbs the last 18 months and have gotten rid of larger clothes as I have gone down in sizes. I don't get rid of them until they are to baggy and just don't look good at that point. I'm not cramming myself into anything tight either just to move down a size because I hate that feeling. It's a motivator to me to not look back and I refuse to go in the other direction. This wt loss journey is far to hard to play this yo yo gain it lose it gain it back game. I'm done with that bull, no looking or going back.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited September 13
    I'm an 8 petite, sometimes 10...I need to throw them away, but I have one size 12 Lucky jeans from 13 years ago and still have a pair of size 5/6 Maurices jeans from 25 years ago that I loved to wear.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Nope. Once they start to look like they're about to fall off me I donate them. I did keep one pair of the largest size I had to remind me how far I've come.
  • ponygirl416
    ponygirl416 Posts: 1 Member
    I still have my fat clothes after losing 40+. I have lost weight over the years and gained back. Now I am about to order the next size down for incentive, I suprised myself by getting in size 12 already. But i intend to get rid of the fat clothes, styles have changed , fat or skinny, time for a new look.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,048 Member
    I kept some of them. Good thing because I gained 10lbs over the summer. uggg!!

No big deal because I know how to get it off again... lol
  • plainoldwhisky
    plainoldwhisky Posts: 7 Member
    I got rid of some but I keep higher quality ones with the intention of altering them to help with the "in progress" sizing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!