15 lbs & 20 in. lost in 24 days (w. pics)

Options
**I DO NOT LOG EVERY ITEM THAT CROSSES MY LIPS. If you look at my diary, you will see most days it is not completely filled in. Only those days, I would base dinner add-ons and snacks accordingly to make sure I was getting atleast 1,300-1,400 calories/day, which are based on the macros my nutritionist gave me. If you're worried I'm starving myself, you can stop now**

here are my before and afters using the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. The system is 2 parts: 10 day cleanse, 14 day max phase. I trained 5-6 days a week, mostly weight training w. some cardio added on. I ate 5-6 clean meals a day along with taking advocare supplements. Advocare Spark + Arginine Extreme is definitely my new favorite pre-workout drink!

I still have a long ways to go until goal (around 170ish), but I'm further than I was 24 days ago and my mind and body feel great! I'm no longer sluggish and tired all the time. I actually want to be active instead of laying on the couch! If you have any questions about any of this, please let me know!

photo1.jpg

Replies

• daftthoughts
    Options
    Good job on losing weight. Not such a good job on having pretty regular days where your body lacks over 1,000 calories of fuel to function. You're effectively starving your body from the calories it needs, and I'm not entirely agreeing with a method where you starve your body.
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    I disagree with supplements and I hope that you were eating at least 1200 calories or more. But I'm happy that you're happy with your results! Stay healthy! :)
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    what happens after the 24 days? do you go back to eating normally? or is this something you have to sustain for life?
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    wow, thats some kick *kitten* inch loss!! you look great... now, stick to healthy eating but add a couple hundred calories =) and keep up the workouts!

eta: hit your numbers, don't leave so much fuel left over at the end of your day!
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing weight. Not such a good job on having pretty regular days where your body lacks over 1,000 calories of fuel to function. You're effectively starving your body from the calories it needs, and I'm not entirely agreeing with a method where you starve your body.

i'm not sure where you got that I was only eating 1,000? I averaged 1,400 calories a day and sometimes felt like I was forcing myself to eat, but I did anyways. Not once was I starving? Should have known people were going to find a way to bring negativity to this post.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I disagree with supplements and I hope that you were eating at least 1200 calories or more. But I'm happy that you're happy with your results! Stay healthy! :)

can I ask what you disagree with? And I ate at least 1,400 calories a day, most of the time more. I've done a lot of unhealthy fad diets before, this is not one of them.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    what happens after the 24 days? do you go back to eating normally? or is this something you have to sustain for life?

I used the program as a way to jump start my weight loss and kick bad habits. I will continue to eat the recommend 6 meals a day.. which usually run around 300 cals each and continue to work out. This wasn't a cleanse to lose weight quick, I was just very down on myself and needed something to kick it into action.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You look great. I can really see the difference. Great job and keep it up.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    wow, thats some kick *kitten* inch loss!! you look great... now, stick to healthy eating but add a couple hundred calories =) and keep up the workouts!

eta: hit your numbers, don't leave so much fuel left over at the end of your day!

Where is everyone getting that I wasn't hitting my numbers? If I had low calorie days, its because I didn't complete my eating log. I averaged around 1,400 calories and I don't eat back exercise calories, I believe it defeats the purpose. Just my point of view though.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    You look great. I can really see the difference. Great job and keep it up.

thank you.
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well done!! If you can afford to do it, then why not! :D
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Your doing a great job! keep up the good work. Seeing as how you defended yourself and stated that you are eating 1400 calories a day I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep that kind of eating up for life. 1400 cals is a great range..

I also don't understand why people don't follow the golden rule..

Which golden rule you ask?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :)
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you said you made your calorie mark, well that's not true.
    If your MFP numbers is set at 1400 cals daily and you burn 400 at the gym. Then you only ate 1000. You eat back the calories because MFP already gave you a number that was a deficit.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    They looked at your food log... In it you haven't gone over 1100 calories.

Good job though. Glad you are seeing results.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

YOU don't like supplements? Did anyone ask what YOU liked???
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    If you said you made your calorie mark, well that's not true.
    If your MFP numbers is set at 1400 cals daily and you burn 400 at the gym. Then you only ate 1000. You eat back the calories because MFP already gave you a number that was a deficit.

Thanks for the negativity.. and I don't eat back my exercise calories. A nutritionist set up my macros for me and even told me not to eat exercise calories back. I was never starving. It was actually the opposite, I sometimes had to force myself to eat snacks and finish meals, because I was full, but I knew I needed the calories.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

i'm not sure where you got that I was only eating 1,000? I averaged 1,400 calories a day and sometimes felt like I was forcing myself to eat, but I did anyways. Not once was I starving? Should have known people were going to find a way to bring negativity to this post.

Your food log.
  • Cherrie_G
    Options
    Great results!! I have been debating on trying Advocare, from what I remember, it was kinda $$
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary of 1000 calorie days less exercise. So most days you netted around 600 calories. Dangerous to do for extended period of time.

You could try the cheaper route and just eat 1000 calories of food for the same effect. The Advocare had nothing to do with it. It's all calorie deficit. Be very careful with what you're doing, it's setting you up for failure and weight gain. :flowerforyou:
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Your doing a great job! keep up the good work. Seeing as how you defended yourself and stated that you are eating 1400 calories a day I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep that kind of eating up for life. 1400 cals is a great range..

I also don't understand why people don't follow the golden rule..

Which golden rule you ask?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :)

Thanks for being one of the few positive people to post. I thought MFP was for community and support, but this will probably be the last time I post any progress, since people only know how to assume what you're doing wrong.

I don't log every item I put in my mouth, so when I would grab some wasa crackers and eat more than a serving of almond butter, those calories got me up to at least 1,400 a day. I don't need to log every item I consume to know I'm fueling my body correctly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!