15 lbs & 20 in. lost in 24 days (w. pics)

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I disagree with supplements and I hope that you were eating at least 1200 calories or more. But I'm happy that you're happy with your results! Stay healthy! :)

YOU don't like supplements? Did anyone ask what YOU liked???

I would assume posting on a public forum and trying to spread the word on how "awesome" it is probably gives people a right to their opinion. Maybe...
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing weight. Not such a good job on having pretty regular days where your body lacks over 1,000 calories of fuel to function. You're effectively starving your body from the calories it needs, and I'm not entirely agreeing with a method where you starve your body.

i'm not sure where you got that I was only eating 1,000? I averaged 1,400 calories a day and sometimes felt like I was forcing myself to eat, but I did anyways. Not once was I starving? Should have known people were going to find a way to bring negativity to this post.

Your food log.

I don't log every piece of food that crosses my lips, like the spoonfuls of almond and peanut butter on crackers I was eating. I used the log as a reference to see how my days were going. but thanks everyone for being so concerned with how i'm treating my body. this will be the last time I post anything, because its been more negative than positive. I thought this site was for support and motivation.
  • jahreviking
    Options
    whats Advocare? is it healthy? most diet pills are deadly as it contains a concoction of chemicals. is this a natural supplement? can you please give more info on this.

its just amazing the changes in your body shape. its sure done wonders. great job!
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i think that the people that are being "negative" are supporting you more than you'll admit. they are just making sure you aren't starving yourself. you are right that they dont know everything you eat in a day, they are basing it off your diary. but to say they are being negative is wrong. you want support, they gave it to you by making sure you were eating enough. if you are, then fantastic job. if not, i would consider eating more so you are getting the nutrients of that.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I disagree with supplements and I hope that you were eating at least 1200 calories or more. But I'm happy that you're happy with your results! Stay healthy! :)

YOU don't like supplements? Did anyone ask what YOU liked???

I would assume posting on a public forum and trying to spread the word on how "awesome" it is probably gives people a right to their opinion. Maybe...

"YOU don't like supplements? Did anyone ask what YOU liked???" <--that wasn't me. if someone doesn't agree to the supplements I take, they have all the right too.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    They looked at your food log... In it you haven't gone over 1100 calories.

Good job though. Glad you are seeing results.

I don't log everything that enters my mouth. I'm tired of defending myself though. So much for the positivity and support I thought I was going to receive. It took a lot for me to post that picture, and now I fully regret it.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Great results!! I have been debating on trying Advocare, from what I remember, it was kinda $$

the 24 day challenge can get pricey.. but the cleanse is only $30.. I don't regret a penny spent tho.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I have a friend who is in the air force and she takes all of these supplements. I'm not saying all my results are based on the supplements though. I don't believe there is such thing as a magic pill you can take. I ate clean, non-processed foods, weight-trained 5-6 days a week and changed my whole way of life. the supplements gave me energy and helped with muscle recovery.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think you are missing the point of the comments..they are not meant to be negative, people like us that have been around this site for years, see the same trend, low calorie intake, initial weight loss, then they platue, start to gain, stop tracking ,etc....we are only trying to give you long term advice...believe me, I started the same as you, 1200 calories a day, not eating excercise calories, not tracking everything...had some losses, then it stopped....I then started upping calorie intake to 1500 plus eating excercise calories and I maintained steady weight loss..now at maintenance, I eat about 2000 calories a day and my excercise calories...

Its simple, eating less than 1000 calories a day for any extended period of time is just not healthy lifestyle, which is what this community is all about...

With that being said...you have had a great start and seen the scale move, but look through the topics on here and you will see same responses - EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE :)
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you are going to post something like this then the first thing everyone is going to look at is your food diary and that where everyone is getting this from before according to your diary you are not even close to 1400 calories per day.

Dont misunderstand , I am sure everyone thinks your results are great but the point of this site is to do it healthy and permanently which means eating properly and excercising so I would start filling out your food diary completely every day if you want everyone to quit saying you need to eat more.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You're not getting bashed. We are just pointing out that your results are ENTIRELY a result of your calorie deficit. I don't see the point of buying an expensive supplement, when you can just eat the food.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I think you are missing the point of the comments..they are not meant to be negative, people like us that have been around this site for years, see the same trend, low calorie intake, initial weight loss, then they platue, start to gain, stop tracking ,etc....we are only trying to give you long term advice...believe me, I started the same as you, 1200 calories a day, not eating excercise calories, not tracking everything...had some losses, then it stopped....I then started upping calorie intake to 1500 plus eating excercise calories and I maintained steady weight loss..now at maintenance, I eat about 2000 calories a day and my excercise calories...

Its simple, eating less than 1000 calories a day for any extended period of time is just not healthy lifestyle, which is what this community is all about...

With that being said...you have had a great start and seen the scale move, but look through the topics on here and you will see same responses - EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE :)

thanks for the feedback. I think the people might have approached the subject the wrong was with accusations instead of asking. my macros are set for me by a nutritionist who I see once every one or two months.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    If you are going to post something like this then the first thing everyone is going to look at is your food diary and that where everyone is getting this from before according to your diary you are not even close to 1400 calories per day.

Dont misunderstand , I am sure everyone thinks your results are great but the point of this site is to do it healthy and permanently which means eating properly and excercising so I would start filling out your food diary completely every day if you want everyone to quit saying you need to eat more.

note taken.. didn't realize people were going to research this so much.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    You're not getting bashed. We are just pointing out that your results are ENTIRELY a result of your calorie deficit. I don't see the point of buying an expensive supplement, when you can just eat the food.

I didn't realize people were going to research every item I put in my mouth or I would have logged all my food. I felt offended, cant help how I felt.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

thanks for the feedback. I think the people might have approached the subject the wrong was with accusations instead of asking. my macros are set for me by a nutritionist who I see once every one or two months.

I think she hit the nail on the head exactly. Also, do a bit of independent research - not every nutritionist makes healthy recommendations (I've been to one of those nutritionists, so trust me). At the end of the day, weight loss comes down to science - you have to have a calorie "deficit," but not so much so that your body plateaus. Everyone here wants you to succeed not only initially, but long-term; anyone being "negative" is just trying to give you advice on how to best achieve your goals in a healthy & sensible manner.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who are trying to help you understand. Yes, good job with the weight loss. But, the people who are pointing out to you that you did not eat 1400 calories a day are only trying to be honest with you. And honestly, I can't understand why you would log all the other calorie dense things, but leave peanut butter out of your diary. Especially considering how calorie dense nut butters are. So honestly, I can't tell if this is a fib to try and get people to back off or if you truly ate it.

Just by looking over your diary:
    Yesterday: Less than 1100 calories total consumed
    Wed: Less than 1000 calories total
    Tues: Less than 1100
    Mon: Less than 1100
    Sun: Less than 1100

And honestly, your friend who is in the Air Force could have done it a much cheaper way than taking Advocare. Active military have access to free personal trainers at the gyms on base. And on top of that, I am guessing that if your friend needed to take Advocare to begin with, was in a crunch to try and hit weigh-ins, considering that it could mean being kicked out of the military. Never trust a military member when they say, "I lost rapid weight by doing this, so I could hit weigh ins." While they might be quick fixes to keep our jobs, rarely are any of those things truly healthy.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good job! I really see a big difference. Don't be put off by the responses you received. I think some people missed where you said you didn't log all of your food and were showing concern.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    I agree with those who are trying to help you understand. Yes, good job with the weight loss. But, the people who are pointing out to you that you did not eat 1400 calories a day are only trying to be honest with you. And honestly, I can't understand why you would log all the other calorie dense things, but leave peanut butter out of your diary. Especially considering how calorie dense nut butters are. So honestly, I can't tell if this is a fib to try and get people to back off or if you truly ate it.

Just by looking over your diary:
    Yesterday: Less than 1100 calories total consumed
    Wed: Less than 1000 calories total
    Tues: Less than 1100
    Mon: Less than 1100
    Sun: Less than 1100

And honestly, your friend who is in the Air Force could have done it a much cheaper way than taking Advocare. Active military have access to free personal trainers at the gyms on base. And on top of that, I am guessing that if your friend needed to take Advocare to begin with, was in a crunch to try and hit weigh-ins, considering that it could mean being kicked out of the military. Never trust a military member when they say, "I lost rapid weight by doing this, so I could hit weigh ins." While they might be quick fixes to keep our jobs, rarely are any of those things truly healthy.

she started out at 140, so she wasn't big at all and didn't use them to necessarily lose weight, just feel better. i'm tired of defending myself. like I said.. I don't track every item that hits my lips. i'll make note of that next time I post anything.
  • bettybunz
    Options
    You look great!! As long as YOU know what you are doing, people are entitled to their opinion and yes will give it. I totally understand about feeling bad about yourself and need something to kick start it. I wish I had any money to add something extra into my change. You are doing a great job!! Keep it up!!!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Good job! I really see a big difference. Don't be put off by the responses you received. I think some people missed where you said you didn't log all of your food and were showing concern.

thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!