Big butt girls - I need help!!

Options
So I have a big butt - I have no issues with this. But I need a cute new pair of pants and wondered if anyone had some suggestions. I usually have to get a bigger size - but then the pants are too long, or to baggy.

Thanks!

Replies

• kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Make friends with a tailor.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a few brands have different cuts depending on the level of curve (as in the difference between your waist and hips) in your shape. Levis has bold and supreme curve jeans.

But I think tailoring is a great way to go and it's not unreasonably expensive, some stores include free basic alterations with purchase (Buckle used to, I don't know if they do anymore) like Nordstroms. I've altered a few of mine and it' not terribly hard to do if you know a few basic sewing skills.
  • slowlow1
    slowlow1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If they are too long maybe you should try petite. Petite pants should be shorter.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a 12" difference roughly between my butt and my natural waist. I have been wearing Old Navy jeans- and been mostly happy with them.

I have a pair from Target that I"m happy with as well. It just takes time to find the right ones that fit for you- trust me- I lost weight and it wasn't the plan and I suddenly found myself "jeanless" none of my work pants fit any more either- so I have been hunting hunting hunting- took about 2-3 months of shopping every two or three weeks to try to find acceptable pants. - was shocked they were old navy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Jeans:

Levi's 515 (Kohl's)
    Liz Claiborne Chelsea (JC Penney)
    Curvy Fit (Target)

I'm still in the market for some khakis or trousers. The Apt 9 "Curvy" trousers from Kohls are not "curvy" enough apparently.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love the jeans from Cato's (I don't know if you have them in your area), they've got a no-gap waistband that works wonderfully! I have a significant difference between my hips and waist, too, and i've noticed the jeans/pants with a wide elastic inside the waistband (the part closest to the skin, not through it it, like a little kids pair of pull up pants) work better.

I also buy 1-2 pairs of jeans per year from makeyourownjeans.com. You give them your measurements, choose your fabric and style of jeans or pants and 4-6 weeks later they arrive. I think the last time I did this they were $65 for each pair, including shipping. A bit pricier than average, but not bad and they fit exactly the way you want them! I specified a 7" rise in the front and a 9" rise in the back (to prevent that gawdawful plumber butt thing), and made them a bit longer than I usually get so they would break when I wore boots or heels. They've never failed to produce a winner for me.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Low rise is usually best imo.

Macy's brand INC does a curvy line.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    When I was in the US I found that Lucky Brand do the best jeans.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Make friends with a tailor.

Yup, pretty much.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I love the jeans from Cato's (I don't know if you have them in your area), they've got a no-gap waistband that works wonderfully! I have a significant difference between my hips and waist, too, and i've noticed the jeans/pants with a wide elastic inside the waistband (the part closest to the skin, not through it it, like a little kids pair of pull up pants) work better.

I also buy 1-2 pairs of jeans per year from makeyourownjeans.com. You give them your measurements, choose your fabric and style of jeans or pants and 4-6 weeks later they arrive. I think the last time I did this they were $65 for each pair, including shipping. A bit pricier than average, but not bad and they fit exactly the way you want them! I specified a 7" rise in the front and a 9" rise in the back (to prevent that gawdawful plumber butt thing), and made them a bit longer than I usually get so they would break when I wore boots or heels. They've never failed to produce a winner for me.

That's super awesome- that's not that any different than designer jeans. I hate paying more than 25/30$ for jeans LOL.

Penny's has a great pair of khaki's but I can't remember what the name of them was- I'll get back to you!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned Aura by Wrangler. That's *all* I wear.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    So I have a big butt - I have no issues with this. But I need a cute new pair of pants and wondered if anyone had some suggestions. I usually have to get a bigger size - but then the pants are too long, or to baggy.

Thanks!

I found that Gloria Vanderbilt's Amanda fit my *kitten* well.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I got some jeans from Old Navy that I like a lot. It's the Diva kind.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am not blessed with a big butt--wish I was. I noticed when I accidentally tried the curvy fit Eddie Bauer jeans, they actually sagged in the hip area because I didn't have enough butt to pull them out. They would probably look hot on you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also have an 11 inch difference between my waist and booty, so I speak from that perspective. I got my jeans from Banana Republic. They have stretch, they sell petite, they sell a curvy fit, I get boot cut, they are low rise, and when needed I will get the waist tailored (when they are not low rise).

But there is also this recent article: http://www.motherfitness.com/the-fittest-booties-dish-out-fave-jeans-picks/ Some of these jeans are way too expensive, but the H&M ones look good!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I too have 12in from my waist to my hips and americam eagle jeans and target jeans work well, also the rise matters alot for me, mid rise is the best to fit over all the booty lol
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Always fit the biggest part of you and then have the rest tailored.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i have a huuuuuuuge butt and i so i go up a size just to be comfortable
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant actually has pants that come in different shapes. They put colors on the tag for each one. Red is normal, blue is for girls with big butts, and yellow is for girls who don't have much curve at all.
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a big butt Wal-Mart has nice jeans I have wear jeans for work I buy the dark Blue they the ones that slim u just my . Size or faded glory there very nice