Big butt girls - I need help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just refuse to wear jeans anymore because I can't find anything that works. Yup...I'm the one you see walking around in Lazy Pants!!! (yoga pants)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just refuse to wear jeans anymore because I can't find anything that works. Yup...I'm the one you see walking around in Lazy Pants!!! (yoga pants)

I didn't wear jeans for 11 years. I just wore yoga pants and corduroys. I've never been much of a shopper. But, I like jeans again.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also have a big butt. I'm also not super tall. I get GAP Long and Lean jeans. Sometimes I have to get them hemmed too. It's only like $5 to have pants shortened. No big deal.
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you - thank you!! I'll try some of those options, and start asking around for a good tailor!!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jean capris at Lane Bryant this spring. They have the tummy control in them. I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly the style. But they are awesome. They fit my booty and big thighs but they don't have the big gap at the back of my waist. I typically have to wear a belt with my jeans to pull in the gap at the back since I usually have to get a bigger size to fit my butt and thighs. Not with these though. It's so much more comfortable to wear a pair of jeans without a belt....OMG...amazing!
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jean capris at Lane Bryant this spring. They have the tummy control in them. I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly the style. But they are awesome. They fit my booty and big thighs but they don't have the big gap at the back of my waist. I typically have to wear a belt with my jeans to pull in the gap at the back since I usually have to get a bigger size to fit my butt and thighs. Not with these though. It's so much more comfortable to wear a pair of jeans without a belt....OMG...amazing!

I do need to get back to Lane Bryant! I no longer live so close to one - but based on responses I need to get my big butt back there! :wink:
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, Lane Bryant has a great online ordering system. You can do returns either via mail or bring it in to a store. I'd suggest visiting one to figure out your size and then just order online after that. I did that with bras and underwear and it worked great.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thank you - thank you!! I'll try some of those options, and start asking around for a good tailor!!

At least where I live, all the malls have a good tailor in them. But, I purchase the clothing, take it home to wash and dry it first (just in case of unexpected shrinking), then I take them back to the tailor (in the mall closest to me).
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have a big ole' booty, but American Eagle "short" jeans have always been my go to.
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump for later
  • MissLisa29
    Options
    I like the curvy Levis range and Moschino do some really good jeans for the curvier *kitten* :flowerforyou:
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I do need to get back to Lane Bryant! I no longer live so close to one - but based on responses I need to get my big butt back there! :wink:

Read the reviews of T3 - Tighter Tummy Technology jeans. I've been not so impressed with some of the LB products, but these I like. In fact, I hadn't worn this pair all summer because they were a tad bit tight. But after losing 17 lbs. now they fit great!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Look for `lycra` in the fabric

There are lots of jeans now that are stretchy but they will most likely contain lycra