16:8 IF. No weight loss week 1

Hi all,
I’ve struggled to get started with weight loss for years now, to the point where I couldn’t even manage 1 day. Difficult life circumstances. Something has clicked recently and I’ve been doing intermittent fasting (16:8) for just over a week but I have not lost any weight. I’ve stayed exactly the same. I’m also sticking to 1200 kcals during my eating window with the exception of Sunday Roast Dinner this week.
I’m hungry a lot of the time but eating nutritious food at my 2 meal times (lunch and evening meal). I am struggling to get enough fruit/veg and protein in and wondered if anyone has any tips? Not really into supplements. Would prefer a whole food approach!
Disappointed I haven’t lost weight this week but trying to keep going!
Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    It takes 4-6 weeks to determine the effect that a certain calorie amount will have. 1 week and you’re still in the process of water shifting around masking and real fatloss. Give it more time.

IF is not an automatic fatloss tool. Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly calorie deficit over time and not tied to any specific meal timing process.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    What Tom below said. Also, do you weigh yourself every day or only once per week? If once per week, is this by any change on Monday, the day after your Sunday roast? If so it's possible that your body holds more onto water come Monday from more salt in your diet and more digesting food in your intestines. There are many other reasons why weightloss might not immediately show up on the scale, like various points in the female hormonal cycle, new workouts, different clothes when stepping on the scale and different times of the day. Thus chill! It will take a while for weightloss to show.
  • ForesterFit7
    ForesterFit7 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you @tomcustombuilder and @Yirara. Sounds like I need to be more patient. I have followed SlimmingWorld diet previously and had big losses first few weeks so I guess given the calorie reduction I was hoping for the same. Yirara, yes I do weigh on a Monday and I had the same thought re the roast but I’ve weighed a few times since and hasn’t fluctuated at all!
    Tom you mentioned consistency - I find this hard with most things so wondering whether this needs to be my goal rather than the weight loss, was just hoping for some early loss to spur me on!
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    Thank you @tomcustombuilder and @Yirara. Sounds like I need to be more patient. I have followed SlimmingWorld diet previously and had big losses first few weeks so I guess given the calorie reduction I was hoping for the same. Yirara, yes I do weigh on a Monday and I had the same thought re the roast but I’ve weighed a few times since and hasn’t fluctuated at all!
    Tom you mentioned consistency - I find this hard with most things so wondering whether this needs to be my goal rather than the weight loss, was just hoping for some early loss to spur me on!
    early loss won’t happen.
    Fat loss is a product of a consistent calorie deficit over time and there is no way to override that so the sooner you realize that the better off you will be