How do plant-based proteins benefit health and nutrition?

Boodybuilder1001
Boodybuilder1001 Posts: 4 Member
edited October 3 in Food and Nutrition
Incorporating plant-based proteins, like beans, lentils, tofu, and quinoa, can improve overall health by lowering the risk of heart disease, aiding digestion with added fiber, and providing essential nutrients. These proteins are often lower in calories and saturated fat, making them great for weight management. While some may lack complete amino acids, combining different plant sources can help balance your diet. Plus, plant-based choices support environmental sustainability.

Answers

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,189 Member
    They lower heart disease by displacing what most people in the Country eat which are for the most part, almost 75% of total calories, in processed and ultra processed foods, which have their fare share, about 60% from plant based ingredients. Basically it's about replacing processed and UPF with whole foods. Also plant based food sources don't necessarily support environmental sustainability, in many cases it does the opposite. Buying local of both animal and plant food and organic is probably the best course of action for health of ourselves and the planet, imo.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,172 Member
    My protein comes from the woods and waters of Ontario. Right now I am enjoying a black bear snack stick made in my own kitchen... :)
  • neanderthin
    edited October 3
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    My protein comes from the woods and waters of Ontario. Right now I am enjoying a black bear snack stick made in my own kitchen... :)

My freezer is stocked with venison. I don't hunt but 2 friends are avid hunters. My beef are local retired dairy cattle. :) Do you actually use a bow for bear hunting and if you do how close in yards/meters do you need to be?
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,172 Member

My freezer is stocked with venison. I don't hunt but 2 friends are avid hunters. My beef are local retired dairy cattle. :) Do you actually use a bow for bear hunting and if you do how close in yards/meters do you need to be?

It's good to have hunting friends. :)

Yep, I use my bow for bear hunting. Typical distance to the bear is typically 15 to 20 yards. :)
  • neanderthin

It's good to have hunting friends. :)

Yep, I use my bow for bear hunting. Typical distance to the bear is typically 15 to 20 yards. :)

So, there's a good chance your dinner. :o
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 57 Member
    I prefer eating meat and chicken but again Plant-Based foods are not that bad if you wish to be fit and healthy.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,168 Member
    Incorporating plant-based proteins, like beans, lentils, tofu, and quinoa, can improve overall health by lowering the risk of heart disease, aiding digestion with added fiber, and providing essential nutrients. These proteins are often lower in calories and saturated fat, making them great for weight management. While some may lack complete amino acids, combining different plant sources can help balance your diet. Plus, plant-based choices support environmental sustainability.

Those or OK as supplements to more protien dense low calorie lean meats and fish.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,817 Member
    I think you might all be replying to a bot.