Tomorrow morning is a brand new day

Today, I planned on taking a 1.5hr walk, eating only 1000 calories and logging everything. Well, breakfast for logged. Then...I let my mind get to me. I remembered I still had 1/2 bag of cinnamon bears in the cabinet. My stupid brain said, hey you can't do this what temptation in the house. Eat the candy today and start tomorrow. We'll, I did. And I felt terrible all day. I was so depressed, I had no energy for walking and I binged the rest of the day. I am going to start baby steps tomorrow. Yes I know it's Friday tomorrow, but I am needing to reclaim my life. I'm tired of feeling depressed

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,292 Member
    edited October 12
    That was me. I couldn’t start a diet because I couldn’t “waste” the goodies in the cupboard. They cost money, right? And I always had goodies in the cupboard.

So my “first day” never came.

Until one day I was sick and tired. I put every doggone thing I perceived as “bad” in a bag and took it to the next door neighbor. She had a soccer player, and gladly accepted it all.

Getting it out of the house was critical for me. It was years before I could even have a bag of chocolate chips in the house. Invitation to binge.

I had to relearn eating. Redefine what was good for me versus empty calories. I actually pay attention to what I eat now, instead of wolfing it down thoughtlessly.

Don’t get me wrong- I eat things I enjoy and I do overeat (versus “binge”) occasionally, but two pieces of advice I learned here:

My body is not a garbage can. If I don’t like it, I give myself permission to push the plate away-as I did with some godawful pasta today.

And second, build in a calorie budget for things I can’t live without. I have a cookie once in a while. The difference is, it’s “a” cookie versus cleaning out the bakery.

Forget tomorrow. Tomorrow will not come. Do it NOW, otherwise you’re always a procrastination away.
  • Bloodroot11
    Bloodroot11 Posts: 6 Member
    That was me. I couldn’t start a diet because I couldn’t “waste” the goodies in the cupboard. They cost money, right? And I always had goodies in the cupboard.

So my “first day” never came.

Until one day I was sick and tired. I put every doggone thing I perceived as “bad” in a bag and took it to the next door neighbor. She had a soccer player, and gladly accepted it all.

Getting it out of the house was critical for me. It was years before I could even have a bag of chocolate chips in the house. Invitation to binge.

I had to relearn eating. Redefine what was good for me versus empty calories. I actually pay attention to what I eat now, instead of wolfing it down thoughtlessly.

Don’t get me wrong- I eat things I enjoy and I do overeat (versus “binge”) occasionally, but two pieces of advice I learned here:

My body is not a garbage can. If I don’t like it, I give myself permission to push the plate away-as I did with some godawful pasta today.

And second, build in a calorie budget for things I can’t live without. I have a cookie once in a while. The difference is, it’s “a” cookie versus cleaning out the bakery.

Forget tomorrow. Tomorrow will not come. Do it NOW, otherwise you’re always a procrastination away.

This 100%

Would you allow someone to purposely feed you junk? Then don't do it to yourself.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 132 Member

Completely agree.
    I always cringe just a bit at the 'I'll start after the holidays'; I'll start next month'; 'I'll start Monday'; 'I'll start ...'
    I hope they do.....

The perfect date doesn't exist.
    Start.

(Also, 'godawful pasta' makes me so sad😟 )

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,079 Member
    I started (eleven years ago) on a Wednesday, after I had already eaten breakfast. Start "now," whenever now is.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,192 Member
    1000 calorie limit with a 1.5 hr walk is already setting yourself up to fail and overeat!