Newbie with 80+ lbs to lose, looking for friends

Doing it day by day! Looking to support others and be supported in this journey.

Mixing healthy food with workouts, swimming 3x per week and walking 2x, but missing sense of connection with others in the same struggle! Will you be my friend?

Jamie in Seattle

Replies

• bryantcbre
    bryantcbre Posts: 8 Member
    I hear you Jamie. It can feel lonely. Are you just getting started or have you been at it for a while?
  • JamieGibson497
    JamieGibson497 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Bryan,

I’ve been at it for a month or two but I’m new to MFP. Yes, it is lonely! Where are you on your journey?

Best,

Jamie
  • bryantcbre
    bryantcbre Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 15
    Hi Jamie,

My journey is similar to yours. I have a lot of weight to lose and am doing the best I can, day by day.

I'm an on-and-off MFP user. I recently recommitted to weight loss, and food tracking is a key part of my strategy. In the past, food tracking has been a problem for me because it put me in a bad headspace. I'm working through that and giving tracking another try.

Regarding my weight loss journey, I am a beginner on my way to intermediate. I've been trying (and failing) to outwork my diet for over a year. I've been working out with a trainer, doing strength training and cardio workouts. In the last year, the scale has mostly stayed the same. I am stronger, have more stamina and more endurance, and I have made working out a habit. I don't have a problem getting up and working out. In terms of the diet, I started cutting calories in September. I have lost about 10 pounds to date and have 60/65 more pounds to go.

In your original post, you said you are eating healthy food. What exactly do you mean by that? Are you following a diet or nutrition philosophy?

- Brittney