Is there still a points/Itrack bites plans

tamray1990
tamray1990 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 17 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone 😊
My name is Tammy and although I have had an account for a long while it’s been quite awhile since I have been on plan. Work and its stress has had me derailed for awhile. So with retirement I want to get back to ME. That means being the best ME for my family. I have at least 50 pounds to lose.
Is there still a points/itrack bites plan? Or is it all calorie counting now?
Thanks so much for your response in advance. I look forward to returning and getting back to normal πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Best Answer

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,917 Member
    Answer βœ“
    Hello, and welcome back!

Here, it is all calories . . . plus whatever personal goals and needs you bring to it. Each of us is a unique individual, with different preferences, strengths, limitations, lifestyles.

Calories are the foundation of weight management. But other things can be important to keep in the picture, too: Nutrition for health, exercise for fitness and health, affordable and practical food choices for our individual tastes and circumstances, etc.

MFP is quite flexible . . . which is both an advantage (highly customizable) but also a challenge (many options).

Myself, I lost around 50 pounds at age 59-60 using a "remodel my eating" approach, described further here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That won't be ideal for everyone, because IMO there isn't a universally perfect approach. But it's an option to consider. It has worked well for me: I'm still at a healthy weight 8 years later, now age 68, after having been overweight/obese for around 30 years before that initial loss.

Wishing you success: The results (in improved quality of life) are worth the effort!

Answers

• tamray1990
    @AnnPT77 thank you so very much for your response. That answered my question. Now I have to catchup on all the changes.
  • tamray1990
    @AnnPT77 how do I request to be friends so I can see when people post? Thanks again for all your help
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,917 Member
    @AnnPT77 how do I request to be friends so I can see when people post? Thanks again for all your help

There's no newsfeed anymore, so being friends doesn't help you see when others post. You can still send friend requests, but the only things being friends makes possible is that friends can send each other private messages, and friends can potentially see each others' diaries (depends on how the person shared their diary, or not).

To see posts in the Community part of MFP, you can look at Notifications (the bell symbol that you can see in the phone/tablet app when you click on your avatar photo in the upper right, or see in web browser MFP on the upper right corner of the page). Notifications will tell you when people post on threads in the Community that's you've commented on or bookmarked.

If you're looking for more person-to-person social interaction, consider joining one of the groups/threads/challenges described mainly in these two areas:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

There are a few other accountability/motivation threads in other parts of the Community, but those areas linked above is where you can find most of them.