I tried going IIFYM today - here are my results

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    To the OP - I know what you are talking about and I really agree with you, but you have to fit it to work with you. I know I cannot order pizza and have one slice a day. So I keep pizza out the house. There is no way I can have soft cookies in here either. those are the two things I cannot follow IIFYM. Other than that, I love the idea of IIFYM. I have my necessary food throughout the day and leave it open for late evening for my treats. If I had my treats after lunch, that would have me in shock for more treats at the end of the day. So I wait - patiently. This is how I fit it to work for me. And with my exercise, 95% of the time I can close out my diary without being over.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think OP will be just fine. She was confused........and wanted to talk it out....was willing to listen to what everyone had to say, and seems to have now learned some things! As for "how do people have a pizza in front of them and only eat 1 slice, instead of half the pizza" (paraphrase), ........ that is a personal journey - - you gotta dig deep on that one (then let ME know how to do it too!) lol

Good.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    From reading the first few posts I think OP completely missed the point of IIFYM....

yes, but she is now enlightened. :happy:
    Good!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You should go to www.iifym.com. They have more explanation on that site.

They say your fibre should be about 50g..... the only food that you can get fibre from is fruits and veggies. IIFYM is not a "eat whatever you want so long as you fit in your macro goals".... you still have to eat healthy. IIFYM is nice for cheat meals.... I do my best to stay within my macros during any cheat meal.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    As Paula Deen would say "Hi ya'll!"

Yeah! I appreciate all the responses due to a previous thread which got me wondering what the heck.

Two valuable things learned -

The people who i saw as splurging a lot on stuff are not really splurging. And preplan your day's menu rather than after.

In this whole 3 months that I have been here even with a food addiction - I have learned that i can have a little treat and the old cravings seemed to have disappeared. Its a day by day thing though, in fact a great help is my 2 newly adopted kitty cats have replaced some of the things that food did for me.

And everyone was cool - believe me on that :)
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    From reading the first few posts I think OP completely missed the point of IIFYM....

yes, but she is now enlightened. :happy:

yeah! only took 200 posts, too!

I am very stubborn! and it means i dont just take whatever someone says and accept it.

But i got to meet some very cool peeps that I wouldnt have otherwise.

Truth be told, I didn't think i had anything in common here with peeps that have 6 pack abs and have 1,500 posts. I thought that they were in some other universe coz they are so fit! But hey hey hey! i do in fact :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    IIFYM....the key word for me is FITS. If after making good choices all day I have 250 calories left, I can choose something as a treat, or not---i could choose more protein. Or some fruit salad. Or...ice cream. I can have a small bowl of my favorite ice cream, because it will FIT. I cannot have a huge piece of chocolate torte. (I could have a bite, but I know me better than that) OR....if I really want that piece of torte today, I can plan that into my day by making everything else FIT around that. Nothing should be off limits, but everything should be a conscious choice.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    IIFYM....the key word for me is FITS. If after making good choices all day I have 250 calories left, I can choose something as a treat, or not---i could choose more protein. Or some fruit salad. Or...ice cream. I can have a small bowl of my favorite ice cream, because it will FIT. I cannot have a huge piece of chocolate torte. (I could have a bite, but I know me better than that) OR....if I really want that piece of torte today, I can plan that into my day by making everything else FIT around that. Nothing should be off limits, but everything should be a conscious choice.

Yes i agree, and re the IIFYM, i can fit both a candy bar, or a hunk of meat, or an orange, or a glass of milk in my macros today, and i will choose either of them depending on the situation. They ALL fit my macros today, but which one do I want? maybe on a day that I really want some chocolate, i will choose the candy bar, maybe when i am starving, I'll choose the meat, maybe im thirsty and want a glass of milk because i'm tired of water. maybe I just ate a bunch of oranges all week and im tired of it so i wont have that today... they ALL fit, so which one? depends.