What is the REAL reason why you exercise so hard?!

Options
Mine: TO EAT MORE! lol. I love food and the more I exercise...the more I can eat. It's a beautiful thing that I learned on MFP! :)

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely to eat more :-) Also, I like the results way better than not exercising!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    lately to blow out my demons.

usually just because it feels so good.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It feels amazing.

I can eat more (today is pizza for a Saturday treat, yum!)

To blow off some steam

I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I'm fiddling around on MFP 8 minutes after my workout and I still have sweat dripping off of me.

:wink:
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Because people piss me off
    So i can sleep at night without pills (i have terrible insomnia)
    and it feels good
    but mostly because people piss me off
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have an image i would like to achieve in my head. Abs mostly i know there in there somewhere.
  • IeshaMonica1993
    Options
    To work out stress
    Also I drink way more water when I exercise.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I look around and see a lot of people 50+ who seem to have so much trouble just moving. People who seem tired and who hurt for no reason. I don't want to end up like that. I used to be a lot heavier and I was definitely on that path.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I lift heavy, it's to impress my husband. He's a Marine and my competitive nature kicks in and gets me to try harder, even when he's not in the room with me. I know I'll never be able to lift as heavy as he does, but every time I increase weight it makes me feel good. I want him to be impressed.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling of getting exercise sweaty - it makes me feel like I am doing something productive.

BUT.....I admit I love that calorie cushion I get when working out (I don't eat all my calories back, but it gives me that little bit of play just in case that piece of cake calls my name)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    stress relief
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Clear out my head and get away for a while. Plus people piss me off and its easier to take it out on the ground or equipment than their face.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Mostly because I've not found a way of working out easy :p

But on a more serious note...totally for the cake ;)
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    Options
    Wow, great reasons everyone! Thanks for all the responses. :flowerforyou:
  • TikiTony13
    Options
    to look good naked!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    To challenge myself and it works better than any antidepressant that I've tried without the negative side effects. The only side effect is that you come out looking hottt! haha
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    To feel strong. If I workout (even when I don't want to or even If I really want to just be lazy and eat all day) and I force myself to do it. I feel ontop of the world. And that is by far the best feeling.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    To be physically better than everyone else.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It destroys my stress and helps me reduce my anxiety levels. I also am starting to see good changes in my body shape.....O yeh and to eat more ;p
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yep, to eat more! Also, if I'm having a bad day, a hard workout helps get my mind off of things because I can't think of anything else except how tired I am. xD
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    to fight depression and OOOOM NOM NOM foods